FS[SoEast]: Work T1S - Custom Powdercoat + some extras BIG PICTURES OMGOOPS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
Work T1S - Custom Powdercoat + some extras BIG PICTURES OMGOOPS

Alright, I've already been running my new set for a while but still wasn't 100% sure I wanted to part with these. That being said, I know they won't end up on this G35 again, so go ahead and grab them.

Up for sale is a set of 20x9.5+5 20x10.5+5 Work T1S wheels with (rear) tires. I'm not going to bullsht anyone, there's good and bad included, but I've tried to stack the good side of the deck as much as I can.

I'm going to start off by saying that I've replaced them because I was mad at these wheels from the start. I wanted a step-lip and the order got fk'd up between Marc@Ravspec and Work and I wasn't willing to wait another 5 months to have them remade.

First the bad - These wheels were powdercoated "US Golden Bronze" by FinalTouch Powdercoating in Spring Lake, NC. They do awesome work, they always have, and hope to god they continue because very few independent businesses care as much about what they produce, I'll probably use them again on the current set up and have already referred a ton of folks to them and talked to a couple dozen that had already used and love them. The powdercoat job was magnificent, it just wasn't quite what I had in mind. It's hard to pick a color off a swatch and it wasn't what I was looking for. It ain't bad at all, I still rocked it for a while and didn't mind, but it wasn't my idea of what they should/could look like. They did also powdercoat the valve stems and caps which I thought was pretty badass, along with a shift **** and GTSpec front strut bar, but we'll get to that in a bit...

In any case, I still had Ed Soto of Magic Garage paint the centers Obsidian Black to match the body, and he also did great work. I feel for him because that was more of a head ache than he had bargained for, but he didn't let it affect the quality.

Ok so I was talking about the bad right? There's a spot of curb rash on one of the front wheels (see pics below) about 2" long. That happened the very first time I pulled the car out of the garage after putting the refinished form of these wheels on (I have since removed the ****ing bricks that line that side of my driveway). We all have our preferred paint/body guys, bring the wheel to them and they can match the color for touch up paint. 10 minutes with a light file, 10 minutes with some fine sand paper and you're ready to correct that. I just don't care enough to do so because I'm lazy. Otherwise there's typical wear and tear but nothing significant.

Also on the topic of bad - The front tires are Fuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkddddddd..... I needed an alignment way sooner than I actually got one, so they might be flip'able but i wouldn't recommend it. Either way, you're stuck with them. They'll help you figure out what tire size you need during your test fits, but I wouldn't drive on them much. Rear tires aren't bad at all though. Hankook Ventus V12 245/35 rear and 225/35 front.

Last piece of bad is the obvious one. This is an odd color combo on T1S's, to the best of my knowledge it hasn't been done before and it's really a love it or hate it thing. If you hate it, fine - you're not my buyer, let's leave it at that. Plenty of folks definitely dig it, and the buyer of these wheels will be in that crowd (or be willing to refinish them / get them painted solid OB, certainly an option). And the strut tower braces (the bracket that attach to the top of the struts - they were given one very quick coat of black rattle can paint before a show, and it shows - This could be good or bad, the strut bar itself is in great shape, but you'll want to touch up the the brackets that it mounts to).

Now on to the good:

Work T1S wheels are pretty sexy on G35s, and they aren't made anymore.

This is truly a one of a kind setup.

The offsets aren't the most aggressive (they aren't negative), but with a decent drop and a rear fender roll you're good to go.

Obviously, the rear tires are in pretty good shape, so that's a plus.

Also, now that I'm not rocking wheels powdercoated this color, I probably don't need a strut tower bar and shift **** powdercoated this color. So I'll just go ahead and toss those in.

All in all, if you like the color combo on the wheels I consider this a good deal. Free GTSpec front tower brace and Arc-STYLE (not authentic, got it from Tony @ OC Ininiti) shift **** to match the wheels will help you get your new style kicked off.

Pics as required (and damn this is a tough color to photograph):

rear tires

front tires (sucking)

Old 06-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Received 275 Likes on 122 Posts
Your wheels remind me of rolos, glws

Old 06-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Could use some luck apparently, mine just got worse... Wife decided she wants an FX35, if someone doesn't buy these I have a feeling I'll be refinishing them for her, lol.

Thankfully we're not car shopping until next week, but someone grab these!

Old 06-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Received 820 Likes on 595 Posts
wish they were step lip.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by shane11
wish they were step lip.
Me too man, me too. They were ordered that way, they just didn't show up that way

Old 06-22-2012, 10:52 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
These can easily be refinished.. Those are about the same specs mine were.. Perfect fitment with minimal camber or fender mods.. Glws

Old 06-22-2012, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These would look sick on an fx on coils. Glws or keeping. Either way win win.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Some other pics that show different light (other than 3pm direct sun light as posted above).

No flash used on the below pic:

This finish is very sensitive to light and I'm not a good enough photographer to make it right. Hoping a buddy comes through with some shots he took at a bbq a month or two back, but not holding my breathe.

Don't make me start modding the Wife's car before I'm done with mine! Or maybe it'd be good to bounce back and forth... who knows.

Old 07-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Last chance bump. Haven't gotten any serious inquiries so will give it until Saturday the 7th before pulling the thread and stripping / refinishing / keeping them.