Announcements Announcements from site Administrators and Moderators.

Group buys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 11:21 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Group buys

I've decided that group buys are now allowed only in the premier membership section.

If a group buy is started in any other section of the site the post will be closed!

Last edited by GodZilla; 04-08-2005 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:53 PM
Kyle,

Does this mean that we are no longer able to setup group buys unless we are 'premier members'?? Currently I was a part of 2 group buys and can no longer view status on them (iRotors and NISMO rear diffuser). Please let me know if group buys are now a member only 'benefit'.

If this is the case I feel that there wont be many other group buys in the near future as the majority of the member's on this forum are 'non-premier' members.

Old 04-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by pdjafari
Kyle,

Does this mean that we are no longer able to setup group buys unless we are 'premier members'?? Currently I was a part of 2 group buys and can no longer view status on them (iRotors and NISMO rear diffuser). Please let me know if group buys are now a member only 'benefit'.
Yes the group buy's are now only available in the premier members section only. None of those posts were deleted just moved.

If this is the case I feel that there wont be many other group buys in the near future as the majority of the member's on this forum are 'non-premier' members.
There are way more premier than you think and membership continues to grow a fast pace. It may actually turn out better with better group buys but we'll just have to see how it goes.

Old 04-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Kyle,

Just became premier...where's the VIP parking??
Puria

Old 04-11-2005, 08:36 AM
Does this mean that ALL CLASSIFIED adds are now only open to premier members as well? For some reason I don't see the private classified section this morning (maybe I still need my first cup of coffee )

Old 04-11-2005, 09:07 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by neffster
Does this mean that ALL CLASSIFIED adds are now only open to premier members as well? For some reason I don't see the private classified section this morning (maybe I still need my first cup of coffee )
Todd, try going into "Marketplace" in the toolbar just below the G35Driver header.
They're all in there.

C.

Old 04-11-2005, 10:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GodZilla
I've decided that group buys are now allowed only in the premier membership section.

If a group buy is started in any other section of the site the post will be closed!
GodZilla,

I can understand you are trying to increase the value of a Premier Membership. And I'm not trying to be argumentative. But eliminating some of the "group" from "group buys" sort of defeats the purpose of having a group buy and may even cause group buys to become a thing of the past if not enough members become Premier Members.

Just my 2¢

Old 04-11-2005, 10:54 PM
Never enough
Aw chit! I just posted in another section and I setup the irotors GB, chit I didnt know!

Old 04-12-2005, 12:16 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by fotodad
GodZilla,

I can understand you are trying to increase the value of a Premier Membership. And I'm not trying to be argumentative. But eliminating some of the "group" from "group buys" sort of defeats the purpose of having a group buy and may even cause group buys to become a thing of the past if not enough members become Premier Members.

Just my 2¢
I also understand and agree with the intent of restricting access to Premier Members as a means to strengthen the site and continue its growth.

I happened across this thread a little while ago and couldn't help but think of fotodad's thoughts about group buys (as quoted above);
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...&page=14&pp=15

My curiousity got the better of me, so I counted the Premier Members vs. the regular Members on this group buy. By and large the majority of the people purchasing the grilles were not Premier Members. I think it worked out to less than 20% (hard to be exact since some people didn't continue with the GB, but based on initial listings it was less than 20%). If this was restricted to Premier Members only, it would never have gotten off the ground.

I am starting to think that it might actually be a disservice to the sponsors to restrict group buys. Perhaps you might want to poll the sponsors and see what they prefer?

In any case I think your pro-active efforts on this and other items is great, without change the site will not continue to grow and improve as it has been since I joined.[thumbsup]

Old 04-12-2005, 10:41 AM
I agree that limiting group buys to 'premier' member's will greatly reduce the number of group buys setup as well as the number sometimes required in order to get a group buy started. Although I am premier, I still wonder how these will be setup and how this actually isnt really a benefit of being a premier member. If group buys are not being setup and one's which are setup dont have enough interest to provide the needed amount or the required amount to get a specified price...then this should be looked into...

only time will tell, but i have to say its all about probabilities....

Last edited by pdjafari; 04-12-2005 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:28 AM
With more and more sponsor ad's on the site now only Premier members can buy parts.
LOL

Good luck with this. I know for me I no longer look for parts or even go to the sponsors except for everythingg35 to purchase parts. Why should ppl have to pay to get a group buy.

Old 04-12-2005, 04:35 PM
In addition...I was part of the group buy listed below along w/ 3-4 other premier members and the tread was NOT moved, but was instead locked. I became a premier member strictly for the 'group buy' benefit...can one of the admins please unlock this thread and/or move it to the appropriate section so that we can access it??

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...1&page=3&pp=15

TIA

Last edited by pdjafari; 04-12-2005 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:45 PM
Been a premier member for a couple days, yet to get the gold badge under my name..

Any help there?

Old 04-12-2005, 04:57 PM
cant have gold badge w/ the pelvic thrusting foot soldier avatar...lol/jk

follow these steps...

1) Click on the UserCP located in the menubar of the forums
2) Scroll down on the UserCP to where you see the link Group Memberships Click that.
3)Select Choose to be identified by Premier member.

Once you do that your display status will change to show you as a premier member..

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45330

Old 04-13-2005, 07:13 AM
Maybe the Premier Members could get a "better deal" on a group buy or something like that. Maybe another $10 off per buy or something.

IMO, restricting group buys to just Premier Members is a BAD IDEA. Most people will just go to FreshAlloy.com, 6mt.net, G35Frenzy.com, my350z.com (unless Kyle has similar plans there), 350zmotoring.com, etc... whenever they want to participate in a group buy. In the end it will only hurt G35driver if their sponsors are selling more product on other forums.

I like the idea of giving the Premier Members a "Special Offer or Special Offers" each month where the Premier Members get special pricing that is not available to the general public, but restricting group buys to only a specific group of people is definitely a self defeating purpose.

Another idea would be to have the club sponsors e-mail out a $5 or $10 gift certificate to all Premier Members. This way the people who are paying for the Premier Memberships could have an incentive to order from sponsors. The certificates could be seralized and would only be valid for the name on the certificate. Doing this (once you have a template) is super easy. All you need is a name and an e-mail address and you can give people discounts whether they use them or not. This way the Premier Members have the flexibility to buy whatever product they want FROM G35DRIVER.COM SPONSORS!!! This gives more flexiblity to the buyer and it creates more potential sales for the site sponsors.

Heck, I know I might not be interested in a z-tube and popcharger group buy set up by EverythingG35 but I sure would buy another of their products if I got a good deal and could use my gift certificate.

Last edited by neffster; 04-13-2005 at 11:11 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Group buys