FS: Koni sports (yellows) + z33 Espelir Active GT down springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 03:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SOLD: Koni sports (yellows) + z33 Espelir Active GT down springs

SOLD!

The konis I have used for 7 months, while the Espelir springs I have used for 3 months. These are direct replacement drop-ins! That means, the springs , bump stops and boots have been installed already and are good to go for direct install.

Koni Sport Yellows
Part numbers: (same for 350z, g35 coupe AND sedan)

Front Shocks: 8241-1216L Sport, 8241-1216R Sport
Rear Shocks: 8241-1217 Sport

Externally Adjustable. These dampers can be adjusted, literally at the turn of a ****, a technique borrowed from Formula-1 racing where KONI dampers have dominated the field for years. One can switch back and forth, in most cases in a matter of seconds, from a comfortable "touring" setting to a more firmer setting for a sporty drive. By means of a **** damping forces can be altered to driving conditions or personal preferences.

Espelir Active GT down springs
Part number: ESG055

drop rate: 10mm front, 10mm rear
spring rate: 6.9 kg/mm front, 9.2 kg/mm rear

*for reference to g35c part:
Part number: ESG059
drop rate: 10mm front, 10mm rear
spring rate: 7.3 kg/mm front, 9.2 kg/mm rear

ESPELIR Springs ACTIVE GT utilize SAE9254 and new material SAE9254MHT (Vanadium mixed material) under strict quality control during all aspects of manufacturing - during heating of material, cooling, and winding to ensure proper stroke volume and spring lightness. By combining high powered technology of manufacturing and real world testing on the street and track, ESPELIR can produce the best suspension setting for each specific car make. For surface coating methods, ESPELIR use 3 steps of shot peening to ensure super durability with epoxy resin power coating.

now to the pictures...
overall:

closeups:

Personal notes:
I had these shocks with eibach springs at first, and they were a bit too bouncy and harsh for me. granted, the performance was really good. i was gliding on rails (i also have stillen sways, fyi). the shocks have 2 circlip locations. I used the bottom one which was about 1 to 1.5 cm lower than the top, which is the stock spring perch location, because I wanted to slam the car which yields nicely tucked front tires for a nice slammed look! the left front shock have superficial damage due to circlip failure (from crappy install), as the circlip scraped the paint off the shock... nothing more, nothing less as far as i can see. koni sent me a new and free circlip and no failures as of yet. the shocks have the regular wear and tear including rust as the paint chipped off. the package deal also comes with the front shock tower adjusting ****, not seen in the pictures.

once the eibachs have been scrapped for the espelirs, the car has been raised ever so slightly, but still has a nice tucked front wheel look. much softer and much much more comfortable ride, but still handles really well for spirited driving! batteries not included.

i paid $1000+ for labor and parts... but all this can be yours for a low payment of $500 shipped OBO! if you are a local resident who wants to check this out, let me know and we can arrange a time/place/price. these gotta go as my baby's mama need the doe, quick!

you can msg me via pm, or email at wscope@hotmail.com or aim at Tru2ROK.

Thanks for tuning in!

andy.

Last edited by panda007; 12-21-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:12 PM
bump.

shoot me an offer guys!

Old 12-17-2006, 09:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any pics of your ride when the suspension was installed and where are you located?

Old 12-18-2006, 01:38 AM
i am located in southern california.

damn... you know what, i don't have pics of my car that shows how low the car sits... sorry man. but i got a few misc pics that i've taken that may give you a small hint of how the car sits. lol... sorry, it's not that much of help.

this was right after i installed the springs (replaced eibachs), which haven't settled. once settled, the front tires tucked around 0.5~1 cm or so.

this was after my springs settled... about 2 months ago.

Last edited by panda007; 12-18-2006 at 01:42 AM.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:54 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
A couple of things, helpfull I hope.

"I had these shocks with eibach springs at first, and they were a bit too bouncy and harsh for me. granted, the performance was really good. i was gliding on rails".

Having owned and ran Koni's I'm pretty sure I know what the problem was. Too much bumpstop length on the fronts. I ran my front Koni's without the dust shields and the oem bumpstops inside them. Instead I ran trimmed Koni progressive soft bump stops that I bought off Truechoice (part# Kon15.34.20.000.0). The Koni bump stops me the needed protection with much more shock travel then even trimmed down oem bump stops. Dirt on the shock piston shaft was a non issue because of how good the seals are on the Koni shocks. (Jic also sell's bump stops on the side, but they are less forgiving then the Koni stops I listed above).

What I don't know is how high to took the rebound rates in any possible effort to cure the bouce issues, IMO it mainly would have been bumpstop related.

I noticed that the shocks have a lot of paint missing. This isn't too uncommon, not sure why, perhaps enviromental regs set back things a bit in the paint department, I dunno. Here's a solution. Prep the area's, undercoat the shocks with Dupli-color and then apply Dupli-color DA1663 School Bus Yellow. It's a almost perfect match to the original Koni yellow.

Old 12-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by Gsedan35
A couple of things, helpfull I hope.

"I had these shocks with eibach springs at first, and they were a bit too bouncy and harsh for me. granted, the performance was really good. i was gliding on rails".

Having owned and ran Koni's I'm pretty sure I know what the problem was. Too much bumpstop length on the fronts. I ran my front Koni's without the dust shields and the oem bumpstops inside them. Instead I ran trimmed Koni progressive soft bump stops that I bought off Truechoice (part# Kon15.34.20.000.0). The Koni bump stops me the needed protection with much more shock travel then even trimmed down oem bump stops. Dirt on the shock piston shaft was a non issue because of how good the seals are on the Koni shocks. (Jic also sell's bump stops on the side, but they are less forgiving then the Koni stops I listed above).

What I don't know is how high to took the rebound rates in any possible effort to cure the bouce issues, IMO it mainly would have been bumpstop related.

I noticed that the shocks have a lot of paint missing. This isn't too uncommon, not sure why, perhaps enviromental regs set back things a bit in the paint department, I dunno. Here's a solution. Prep the area's, undercoat the shocks with Dupli-color and then apply Dupli-color DA1663 School Bus Yellow. It's a almost perfect match to the original Koni yellow.
dude... thanks for the tips! i'll look into the paint.

as for the bouncing, i never thought about the bumpstop issue. the bouncing came from the front end, so i thought the springs were main issue (eibachs settled down a bit lower than expected). once i switched to espelirs the bouncing was gone and gave a nice firm, yet tolerable ride.

regards,
andy.

Old 12-19-2006, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought the rears could be adjusted w/o taking out the shock. I see no adjustment **** or area

Old 12-19-2006, 07:26 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
how easy would it to be to adjust...let me know pm sent and where in so cal i live in san diego...and (sorry so man ands) where do you recommend to install and should i get an alignment done as wheel when i get these installed thanks

Old 12-19-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by TwoK4drSi
I thought the rears could be adjusted w/o taking out the shock. I see no adjustment **** or area

you see those two slits from the picture above? you have to slip in a thin allen wrench and twist. you don't have to remove the shock, but it's imperative to at least raise the rear so you can slip your arm between the fender and wheel/tire.

Originally Posted by G35Pinoy
how easy would it to be to adjust...let me know pm sent and where in so cal i live in san diego...and (sorry so man ands) where do you recommend to install and should i get an alignment done as wheel when i get these installed thanks
pm replied. install, i have no clue about in san diego. you should get an alignment done to every suspension modification that adjusts camber, toe and caster.

Old 12-21-2006, 01:02 PM
sold!