Wtt Wts 19" Racing Hart R5 Almost New

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 01:07 AM
Lexus IS350
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am not a "sneaky kid who is trying to hustle" you. I am an honest "kid" who is telling you exactly what happened and how I dealt with the situation I had on my hands. My tire was dead/flat/blown/etc. It happened while I was driving on the freeway heading home shortly after leaving LA. Thankfully I did not lose control nor was anything damaged or hurt.

When we met up at his shop, I looked at the wheels and I looked at the tires, that is correct. I took what he said into consideration and trusted him as a fellow G35Driver member when he said that the front tires have 40% left on them. Also, he knew that I was going to be swapping wheels with him and that I was going to be driving home on these wheels and tires, a good 140miles. He did not warn me, he did not say anything to me about the tires being unusable. I believed him and trusted him and his judgement.

When we finished putting all the wheels on, he mentioned that the front tires were low on air yet he claims in this very thread that the tires were mounted and balanced recently. Seems that the tires must have had defects and that the air was not holding. He told me to drive around to the back of his work where he had an air compressor so he could put air in the tires for me. On the way around the building, the front passenger tire came off of the wheel and folded under the wheel cushioning it and providing protection, thankfully. I was lucky not to be driving on the rim itself! Luckily it was only a short distance around the building to the back. We jacked the car up a bit and put air in the tire and it popped back onto the wheel thankfully. My gf and I left and went on with our day, grabbed some lunch and began our journey home.

Shortly after merging onto the freeway, I noticed my car was pulling to the right which was odd because I just had my alignment checked the day before. A few minutes later, a man in a Mazda told me I had a low tire so I quickly exited the freeway and went to a gas station right off the freeway and found that the tire was completely flat. The air had completely leaked out of it. I took the wheel and tire off and put the spare tire on and continued my journey home, a good 115 or so miles to go.

I arrived back in town and went straight to Firestone and found that both the front tires were unusable and needed to be replaced ASAP. They told me that it was unsafe to drive on them. Luckily my friend had some OEM 17" Nissan 350Z wheels and tires that I borrow to put on the front of my car for the time being until I purchased new tires to replace the old, faulty ones Bashar lied to me about and sold to me.

I did not call him when it happened because it was not necessary at the time. All he could have done was change the tire for me and put the spare on, which I easily did in 5 or 10 minutes. There was nothing he could have done.

Im not trying to "hustle" him for cash, Im trying to get what I paid for. I want my money's worth. Im not paying for product "A" to recieve product "B". I was lied to and was told that the tires had 40% tread left and that they would make it back to SD easily. I feel that it is fair that he pays for one of the front tires and I will pay for the other. The tires he gave me were unusable and are now in the trash.

I, too, have never recieved a negative comment from anyone about anything I have ever sold, bought, or traded. I am an honest-to-god kind of guy. If I say it, I mean it.

Here are some pictures of the front passenger side tire that has the hole in the sidewall...

Old 01-16-2007, 03:44 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by Bashar368
First of all I would like to assure all of you that this 18 year old kid is a sneeky kid who's trying to hustle me.

He drove down from S.D and we swapped rims at my shop. He inspected them and everything. I HAVE PROVIDED pictures of the tires and it's pretty apparent that the tire needed to get replaced, that is why i wasn't charging more for these.

Fact is he got a bomb *** deal and he's trying to milk me for some money. I have our aim conversation from last night and I've already pm-ed the admins.

HIM AND HIS BUDDY WHOS ALSO A MEMBERSHIP ON THIS SITE WHO"S POSTED HERE Gdup35sedan just happens to be a technican at FIRESTONE exactly where this dude told me last night he dropped off the front rims. Not only is his buddy on this site but he was talking to him on the phone yesterday as we were installing the rims and he just happens to be almost the same age as him (20). JUST LOOK AT HIS PROFILE! Watch him change it soon.

According to him his tire blew out after twenty miles of driving and he wants me to give him 300 bucks FOR TWO BRAND NEW FRONT TIRES! I don't know what he did and even if it did blow out, I LIVE IN LA and he lives in S.D. In 20 miles he would be in downtown L.A and according to him he changed the front tire into his donut and drove 2 hours + to S.D. I DID NOT RECIEVE ONE CALL UNTIL 8 hours later.

I've have sold many things on the boards and ebay in my life, AND NEVER ONCE HAVE I RECIEVED A NEGITIVE COMMENT, NEVER!

I have even offered the kid to meet me half way with the rims and i'll give him back his rims that he said were "perfect" w/ his money on top of another 50 bucks for gas. But he refused. This is clearly not my problem and i have even offered to help this guy out.

He is a liar and him and his buddy tried to jack me for 300 bucks last night but i refused to give him a dime. I hope nobody believes this guy and i appreciate everyone's support.

-Bashar

wow, i love how you're bashing someone you dont even know. First off, no one is trying to hustle you. You clearly stated that there was 40% tread left on the front tires when in fact there wasnt enough tread to drive more than 100 miles on them. I would think that if i was going to swap wheels with someone, i wouldnt leave them with completely bald tires to drive 120 miles home on. Just because i work there doesnt mean that he was trying to get you to buy him tires, the tire blew out as you can see from the pictures, and i really dont appreciate you bashing on myself, once again. I'm very reputable on this site and have plenty of people to back that up.

So next time you try to sell something, you should describe it as is.
-GP-

Old 01-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Just curious why you are talking about Gdup35sedan? Is it because he said the front tires had no life left?

Well, you must have missed page 1:
Originally Posted by Ralph0064
sweet wheels. good luck with the sale! you should reconsider your tread life left on the front tires. Inside edges are bald.

I can see several faults here. If the tire was not holding air at all, then that's a big no-no on bashar's part (asuming he was aware of it). Also, it was extreme's resonsibility to inspect the tires to ensure he got what he was paying for before handing over the cash and taking the wheels. I'm sure you were excited about the purchase, but upon inspection you could have seen that the tire was shot and renegotiated the price, or backed out.

I'd take him up on his offer to swap back + gas money, otherwise chalk it up as a 'that sucked' moment.

Old 01-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you can even see that there is no tire left on the inside edges

Old 01-18-2007, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A blind man could have seen that the tires were bald on the inside, but you know what, caveat emptor. Still a sweet deal on those wheels; so what that you had to buy two front tires?

Old 01-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
I am unbiased here I dont know any of you involved. I feel you should leave the guys buddy (Gdup35sedan)out of this unless there is something I am missing? He appears to have nothing to with this unless its something off the fourm? From the pics it is obvious there is no tread on the inside of the front tires but Bashar did say 40% clearly not the case I looked at these but the fronts scared me away with no trade it wasnt worth it. Stock wheels plus $1250 thats a good deal even if you have to buy two new fronts. If Bashar offered to trade you back plus pay gas money he tried to make it right. I would say if you are unhappy with the deal thats the best a guy could ask for you are not out anything maybe a few hours time. At least he didnt tell you to flat out get lost. At any rate you got some sweet wheels for your ride at what I would consider a decent deal even with have to get new tires.

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 01-18-2007 at 09:23 PM.