Kenstyle Replica Rear bumper w/cf insert

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kenstyle Replica Rear bumper w/cf insert

I was curious to see if anyone would be interested in buying my Kenstyle replica rear bumper w/ carbon fiber insert. After buying the bumper and paying for the labor it took to get this bumper in presentable condition, fitment and paint, I have $1500 invested. I was curious to see 1) if anyone was interested in buying it, and 2) how much you guys would give me for it. Of course, I would like to get as much as possible for it, but I would like to see what kind of offers I can get before I set a price.

Also, I would love to sell it local, but if worse comes to worse, it can be crated and shipped for whatever charge that may be.

thanks in advanced for any interest.

Okay, here are some pics:

And my favorite shot,

Old 08-04-2007, 01:46 PM
i would love to buy...but not painted black....if the price is right we could work something out though...i am in tally so i am not that far away!!!oh and where did you get that carbon inlay?

Old 08-04-2007, 03:45 PM
There is no black paint anywhere on this bumper...Im not sure what you mean.

My buddy's body shop did the work and they actually hooked me up on the labor. It still cost me $850 though. It would have cost around $1500 just in labor and paint without the hook up. There were LOTS of waves that had to be smoothed out. I ordered the bumper from Klumzyee with the carbon already layed. The bumper is fiberglass btw.

What kind of deal were you looking to work out?

Old 08-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Waves? I have this exact same bumper and mine was perfect from the start. All I did was pay for paint. I was even able to install it myself, fitment is excellent...

Old 08-04-2007, 07:21 PM
^how did you take the rear bumper off? and put it back on? was it pretty simple? lemme know cause i wanna do this too! haha.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
an other guy is selling the same bumper but not painted for 400 local pick up in AZ.here's the link
https://g35driver.com/forums/archived-sales/170343-sale-1-2-cf-rear-kenstyle-bumper.html

Last edited by needforspeed; 08-04-2007 at 10:18 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by GReddySetGO
Waves? I have this exact same bumper and mine was perfect from the start. All I did was pay for paint. I was even able to install it myself, fitment is excellent...
well, either you got lucky, or I got the shaft. I havent seen other fiberglass parts of his, so I dont know which happened. I have receipts to prove that there was this much labor needed.

Originally Posted by needforspeed
an other guy is selling the same bumper but not painted for 400 local pick up in AZ.here's the link
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170343
Im not trying to sell his bumper. Please dont ***** my thread with other for sale adds. Obviously his bumper has already been listed on this site. Dont list it again in my thread. If you want to buy a bumper that hasnt been prepped or painted, go for it, but im willing to put money on it that mine is in better shape than his seeing that his has been shipped straight from the factory. Even if my bumper isnt the right color, you would put less money into this bumper to make it the right color than you would if you were to start fresh. I forgot to mention that my bumper got 5 coats of primer with sanding done in between each coat...

Old 08-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dieselnuts
well, either you got lucky, or I got the shaft. I havent seen other fiberglass parts of his, so I dont know which happened. I have receipts to prove that there was this much labor needed.

Im not trying to sell his bumper. Please dont ***** my thread with other for sale adds. Obviously his bumper has already been listed on this site. Dont list it again in my thread. If you want to buy a bumper that hasnt been prepped or painted, go for it, but im willing to put money on it that mine is in better shape than his seeing that his has been shipped straight from the factory. Even if my bumper isnt the right color, you would put less money into this bumper to make it the right color than you would if you were to start fresh. I forgot to mention that my bumper got 5 coats of primer with sanding done in between each coat...
all i was trying to say is that your are going to ask over 1000 because you invested 1500 for the bumper, but guy from az is selling the same bumper for 400 that's all. you dont need to get mad at me for comparing price. if some one thinks your bumper is a good deal they will buy it from you no matter what i say in your thread. anyhow i won't say no more good luck with your sale.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:01 AM
monday morning bump

Old 08-06-2007, 01:31 PM
so how much do you want for it?

Old 08-06-2007, 02:07 PM
It would be nice to get $800

Old 08-06-2007, 03:58 PM
is it paited DG or LS? and is there anything wrong with it?

Old 08-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Painted DG. Nothing wrong with it what so ever. I'm parting out my car before I sell it.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:27 AM
Rear Bumper...

Hey I am interested in the rear bumper if you still have it available... let me know I am located in AL and can possilbly come and pick it up...

Thanks,
Dustin
205-283-2929

Old 10-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Very nice bump

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kenstyle Replica Rear bumper w/cf insert