Fs: G Tech Pro Rr

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fs: G Tech Pro Rr

For sale is a gtech pro rr. $199 Shipped to any where in the U.S.

How does the G Tech Work?
The new G-TECH/Pro Performance Meter COMPETITION is a very sophisticated, cutting edge automotive tuning instrument. Weather you want simple RPM recording or complete Data-Acquisition. As an automotive enthusiast you will find recording acceleration runs and analyzing shift points, delivered horsepower and reaction times extremely valuable. Just imagine, having all that power of knowledge right there under your fingertips any time you want it, that's the new G-TECH/Pro COMPETITION. So, no more confusion after making modifications now simply get the results "before and after".

Measurements:
Horsepower
Torque
60 Ft. Time
1/8th & 1/4 mile
0-60 & 0-100-0mph
RPM & Shiftlights
Handling Gs
Record up to 30 runs
3 precision sensors

Road Racing/Autocross
PASS Software
Multiple Vehicle Support
2hr data-acquisition
PC Download Cable
AC Adapter
Permanent Mount
Listed Price $299
http://www.gtechpro.com/rr.html

Old 08-27-2007, 03:30 PM
bump. No one want this great item. I took it to ATco Track here in NJ and the number are identical to each other.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:30 PM
bump. No one want this great item. I took it to ATco Track here in NJ and the number are identical to each other.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
where does this hook up too

Old 08-29-2007, 12:06 PM
Its does not need to connect to any thing in the car except the mount on the window and the car power plug. You will need to caliberate so it will read the same RPM as your car.
Have alot of features like 0-60, teach you the christmas tree at the track...

Old 08-29-2007, 10:49 PM
Lex
eh..? so it's like psychic or something..? reads cars' minds..?

Old 08-29-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by suhochunsah
eh..? so it's like psychic or something..? reads cars' minds..?
LOL

Old 08-30-2007, 08:55 AM
Bump.
Received several offers but on one send money yet.

Yes its like psychic and its read car minds...

For more information, you can look at http://www.gtechpro.com/rr.html

Old 08-30-2007, 04:03 PM
it doesnt have any info on the site..all it tells your is that it can read your car accuratly..

i would like to know how it does that? how can is just feel its 0-60

Old 08-31-2007, 11:30 AM
Below are the review on caranddriver.com

Tesla Electronics G-tech/Pro RR, $300
We really grew to like the G-tech/Pro RR. For starters, it’s the only one of the accelerometer-based units that measures acceleration in the vertical plane. Theoretically, that means the G-tech can detect how dramatically the car pitches during an acceleration run and automatically correct for it. We found that only the $960 Race Technology AX22 was measurably closer to the drag lights without calibration. Also, when it was installed in the Envoy, the G-tech recorded the same 60-to-0 stopping distances as the VBOX.

There is a calibration procedure that supposedly makes the G-tech’s quarter-mile speed readings more closely match those of the drag lights. We performed the prescribed calibration, but interestingly, we found the procedure increased accuracy only when the G-tech was installed in the Envoy.

That quibble aside, the G-tech has two unique features. It has shift lights that flash at a designated rpm to signal when it’s time to shift gears. Plus, there’s a simulated drag-strip starting system that tests your reaction time. You can also store configuration data for numerous vehicles so you can switch from car to car without having to reprogram the tachometer or shift lights.

Like some of the other meters, the G-tech measures cornering grip but provides no calibration function for this feature. During our testing, we found that the lateral-g number the G-tech displayed was about 0.05 g higher than what the car was pulling according to our timing device.

It was the computer software that really set the G-tech apart, however. The G-tech has internal memory to record data that can be downloaded onto a computer. With the software installed on your computer, you can review and compare drag-strip runs. Since the unit also logs rpm, you can see which shift points improved acceleration.

Plus, you can record g-loading as you negotiate a racetrack, download the data, and compare your performance from lap to lap. The information provided isn’t detailed enough to dramatically help a pro driver, but it could definitely aid a beginner. It highlights where the driver is pushing the car and where he or she isn’t.

The software is intuitive and easy to use and automatically creates new directories and files based on the date and time the data were recorded.

There is a less expensive version of the G-tech, called the SS, that sells for $200 and does not have the racetrack features of the RR, nor does it come with the software that lets you view and compare runs on a PC. Both G-techs, however, have excellent windshield mounts, simple buttons to navigate the various options, and the handy tachometer and shift lights.

The first G-tech debuted in 1995 and has undergone four redesigns since then. The extensive development shows, and you should definitely check out the Web site [see “Manufacturers”], which has pages of technical articles and a forum in which you can discuss your results.

If you can stretch your budget to $300, you won’t be disappointed.

View the results or our tests or download the spreadsheet with complete results for every run.

Tesla Electronics: G-tech/Pro RR

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=6

Old 09-01-2007, 03:58 PM
bump

Old 09-02-2007, 01:28 AM
hmm i see. someone buy this and try it out!

Old 09-03-2007, 02:29 PM
it's not psychic, it measures the G's your car is pulling. It actually works pretty well. I had it in my mustang and it was relatively accurate. I used the Gtech, not the gtech pro. Both seem to work well.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Come on! this system is all based on psychic....that read the ECU mind....

ahahahhaha.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:02 PM
The Gtech measures G-forces, and it is extreemly accurate. It figures out your Horsepower curve by relating in to vehicle weight. Simply suction cup it to your windshield and plug it into your cigarette lighter. It also reads your vehicle RPM from the faint alternator whine picked up through its power source.

I have used it to measure changes made to my vehicle. I have posted a thread for the differences between the factory airbox setup, and AEM cold air intake. VERY valuable for measuring real world results of MODS. Worth every penny. (see my findings here https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...67#post1529367)

Buy this thing if your serious about tuning. I paid $450 ish for mine...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fs: G Tech Pro Rr