FS: Eibach Sportline Springs for 03-06 G35 SEDAN

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: Eibach Sportline Springs for 03-06 G35 SEDAN

Hey all:

Upgraded to Tein Flex, so have my sportline's and factory sport tuned shocks up for sale (will list the shocks sep, later)

Eibach Sportlines part #4.6363
1.6 drop in front and rear

have about 12k miles on the springs
have 29k miles on the sport tuned shocks

Brick/Mortar price is around $250 new
Ebay prices are $205 + $32 shipping

G35Driver Price:
$150 pick up
$200 shipped
$250 shop installed (SoCal only - SGV area install)

Here's a comparo between my ride on Sportlines and Ivory_G's stock sedan:

More pics:

FAQs:
Q: Is the ride a soft as my factory springs?
A: You shouldn't be buying springs.

Q: I know Eibach's are supposed to be good, but which springs are the best?
A: I never had any other a/m springs on my ride other than Eibach prokit and sportlines, so I am not qualified to judge other brands. The Eibachs I've used have served me well for the 4 years I've had my G.

Q: Will I be able to drive over speed bumps?
A: In most cases yes, but beware of the wide speed bumps, or sharp driveways. YOU WILL SCRAPE. Drive over/in at an angle to help. People that know me are aware I have problems with bumps and driveways, but that has to do with my exhaust hanging a little lower than everyone elses. Beware of parking mounds, headstones and walkways/curbs when parking head on. You WILL BE too low for them.

Q: Will my wife notice?
A: Yes. But most importantly, everyone else other than your will wife will notice too... and that's priceless.

Q: Will my (19's / 20's / 22's) rub?
A: I run 245/35 & 275/30 19” Direzzas and had experienced a bit of a rub hitting a huge dip, loaded to bear for a show with 4 people in the car on the way to Vegas before they fixed the road. Otherwise, I did not have a problem. HOWEVER, immediately after that I dremeled the inside of my fender line and never experienced the issue again.

Feel free to PM with any questions.
I plan on putting these up on Ebay by mid-Oct.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Tein Flex ??

Hey... just wondering... have you installed your Flex's yet..??? I have the same set up as you regarding the Sportsline springs, rim & tire sizes. Great ride on the Sportsline springs. Like them alot. Just looking to go about a 1/2" lower front & rear. I think that would be a perfect drop. I know you can go pretty low on the Flex's. Just wondering if you have already installed them & what's your thoughts on the drop (if you went lower) & the ride quality in general. Straight aways, cornering, etc. I've never been in a G with coilovers... Thanks..!!!

Btw... I saw yor G at the Inland Valley car show in Temecula @ the beginning of the year.... Looked great..!!

Old 10-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Do you know if I would be able to run these with 285/30/19 tires in the back? If not I will take them..

Old 10-31-2007, 11:39 AM
sorry... wasn't getting the reply to post emails.

Gspott: I was on the Sportlines at the Temecula show. I just got the Flex's about a month ago. I really like them.. I currently have them set to "8" or medium all the way around. Still stiff, but I can soften them up if I want to. I haven't been out on a track with them, and then next opportunity to do so would be at the Toys for Tots show, but since I am one of the hosts...we'll I can't go playing on the track. In any case, I am more of a drag racer than a tracker (shut up zazaracing). Springs have much more of a stiff / jolting ride, but then again coilovers are nearly 8x the price I don't think I would have gone lower than the sportlines, since I had probs with those uber-unfriendly "pitched" driveways here in the SGV. The Flex's seem to be settling as low, or maybe lower than the sportlines, as some people have told me - who did not know I changed out. But I am good on most driveways. BTW.. thanks for the compliment!

AS007 - I don't know if that^ will work. Sorry, I don't want to give false info. I run staggered 245/35/19 & 275/30/19 and had to cut the fender line in the rear. Since they are no longer on my car, i can't tell you what they +10mm would be like, although I had space to spare and the cut was purely "just in case" and not required. I drove from LA to Vegas fully loaded for show with the wife and 2 teenage kids and only heard 1 rub (which is why I cut the fenderline) and that was back before they repaired the 15 to vegas.

Here's my fender cut:

Old 10-31-2007, 10:13 PM
Would my stock sedan 2004.5 definitely need camber adjustment for this drop, right?

Old 11-01-2007, 09:25 AM
I ran my original Prokits and the Sportlines without a camber kit and DID experience some minor wear on the inside of my treads (front and rear) over the 12k miles I ran them. It wasn't bad, but the car has not seen a lot of miles in the last couple of years (it's 4 years old this last August, and just reached 30k).

Would I recommend a camber kit? YES, especially for a high mileage car.

Would I have put a camber kit on the car for the springs? NOPE. I just got it aligned as best as possible.

Did I put camber/toe kits on the car after my coilover install? YUP.

Was I stupid and only did the rear first, then got an alignment that showed I needed it up front, too? YUP

Did I have to realign the car after installing the front kit? YUP.

I guess it's the pocketbook at the time of the mod that directs your brain. I coulda installed the camber kits early on and saved a few hundred bucks. But then again it took me 4 years to decide to do the coilovers. I am ultimately lazy at times, and cost conscience (aka married with small allowance) .. so please feel free to learn what you can from my experience.