FS: 19" Work VS-XX *staggered Fitment*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: 19" Work VS-XX *staggered Fitment*

Bought the VS-XX's for my Brembo Coupe from status and unforunately I was sent the wrong offsets that wouldnt clear my brakes correctly. Rick has gone above and beyond to help me fix the situation, but until the replacement wheels show up, ill be putting the current set up for sale. Would make it easier for both Rick and myself if I can sell the wheels instead of trying to send them back to Status and dealing with all the shipping and customs headaches.

only 2 of the wheels have been mounted to check clearances between the hub and brake calipers. The tires are brand new, never run on or driven on. They were ordered approximately 4 weeks ago and mounted a few days later. I have a recepit showing $1440.40 USD for the tires from TireRack.com.

The wheels after duties and canadian taxes were $3400.80cdn. Wheels were bought and paid for in July 2007, they didnt ship out to me until late october 2007 and i didnt try them until february 2008.

Wheels are 19" Work VS-XX in gloss black with a polished lip.

Front wheels are 19x 9.5" ET10+ with Bridgestone RE050A Pole Position P245/35R19

Rears are 19x10.5" ET17+ with Bridgestone RE050A Pole Position P275/35R19

This VS-XX set is the agressive fit set that will clear the non-brembo brakes, but are too agressive to clear the brembo's. I have since replaced them with a +28/+29 to clear the brembo's.

Thanks for looking!

I should mention the wheels are located in Victoria, BC, Canada and i dont mind shipping the wheels. Selling them locally is pretty much out of the question, so i am posting them up here.

If you need vouches, you can check with Rick at Status Auto Design, or i can link you to others.

pics are below:

edit: more detailed pics

Basically, im into this package for roughly $5000cdn. Im not willing to drop the price on the tires, but i will eat the money i will lose on the importation of the wheels and taxes which was around $500cdn.

So asking price is $4500 firm.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:58 PM
Im interested, but are you asking for $4500 usd? Im sure that is not the case. If you meant $4500 in canadian dollars, how much is that in us dollars? I have first dibs!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-29-2008, 06:17 PM
cdn dollar is on par with the USD, so price is the same between US and CDN funds.

Price is high, i know, but im into them for more than the asking price. So the price is set accordingly.

Please keep the negative comments to yourself, as im sure ill hear they will pop up. If thats the case, ill ask to have the post closed and deal with Status on the matter.

Thanks.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jpalta01
cdn dollar is on par with the USD, so price is the same between US and CDN funds.

Price is high, i know, but im into them for more than the asking price. So the price is set accordingly.

Please keep the negative comments to yourself, as im sure ill hear they will pop up. If thats the case, ill ask to have the post closed and deal with Status on the matter.

Thanks.
Your asking for $4500 for USED work Vs-xx. The poster asked if that was true. I dont see where the negative comment is. Your on a forums with a very low post count, asking a very high price for a set of used rims. Your GOING to catch lip from a LOT of people on here just voicing opinions.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:42 PM
DAMMNN 4,500..What are you smoking on...must be some good shhiii

Old 02-29-2008, 08:25 PM
price seems a little high bro.
but good luck with the sale.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:56 PM
kwonster22: my apologies, i didnt direct my "negative comment" comment towards you, i meant it more as a general comment to be left in the post, as i was sure id get them.

CorvetteKid: Apparently we have different opinions about what new and used is. Wheels that have been sitting boxes since the beginning of this month, only to have tires mount and 1 front and 1 rear wheel mounted to test fit, is still new in my books. A used wheel would be one that i would have driven on thus putting kms on the wheels and tires. If they were indeed a used wheel, i wouldnt be stupid enough to ask what i am. But thank you for your OPINION.

My low post count and high price was a concern for me as well, hence the reason i posted about the vouches, should they be required, and i think ppl on the board should check me out before making a big purchase, i know i would.

TopNotchG: Im in a ****ty situation up in canada. Even with declaring the wheels through my personal broker and not someone like ups, i end up having to pay 6% duty on the wheels, since they are a japanese product. Factor that with a low CDN dollar when the wheels were paid for, and the shipping and other headaches, and I paid through the nose for these.

Im sorry for wasting everyones time.