DIY: Cancel Airbag Light (Proper Way) and 07 Weight Sensor Bypass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the diy to turn off the airbag light. It went right off.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rijowysock
well i know its been posted 5000000000000 times how to cancel out the airbag light BUT everyone just posted the method of changing the SRS from USER mode to DIAGNOSIS mode which does nothing but tell you which problem is coming up and then whats happening is people are messing up the order and accidentally cancelling out the airbag light.

the proper way to do the cancelling out after installing seats or etc is:

1: put key in ignition
2: turn to the ON position (not engine on but ACC on), SRS light will come on for a solid 7 seconds and then it will start to blink.. as soon as it goes off after the 7 second "on" turn to off position.
3: you'll hear beeps from the car, count 5 sets of beats (5 seconds)

4: turn to the ON position, SRS light will come on for a solid 7 seconds and then it will start to blink.. as soon as it goes off after the 7 second "on" turn to off position.
5: you'll hear beeps from the car, count 5 sets of beats (5 seconds)

6: turn to the ON position, SRS light will come on for a solid 7 seconds and then it will start to blink.. as soon as it goes off after the 7 second "on" turn to off position.
7: you'll hear beeps from the car, count 5 sets of beats (5 seconds)

8: turn to on, and leave on... now if it turns off after the 7 second solid "ON" you are good to go. if it starts to do something else (which mine did) look below on the chart to see what it means.

for me my problem was 5 flashes after a 2 second off 3 second on 2 secong off which meant that the occupant sensor was the problem (i didnt have fully plugged in) once plugged in i did the above reset and it went all clear ;-)

[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/rijowysock/SRS%20light/SRS11.jpg[/IMG

pictures of my car, and how i bypassed the weight sensor..

first you shoudlnt have a problem unless the passenger seat it out of the car.. so it should already be out and now flip over so bottom is facing you.

remove this guard piece held on by (3) 12mm bolts.. (make sure to loosen, they are backwords so it takes a second to think which way is which)

next remove these slats from under the seat... just push down the metal between then end and pull out carefully

next unbolt the weight sensor brain

next reach down and ull feel 2 tabs holding the bladder onto the seat.. pry the tabs without harming bladder.

you should now be able to remove bladder after taking all the little tabs that hold the clips off.

bladder looks like this

i then cut the material piece so i could remove it.. and then cut the thick white plastic so i could remove it.

then i put the masterial piece back on and rolled the bladder up like a burrito. zip tying it not very tight...

next you want to plus everything in and turn on the car... weight about 20 seconds and see if the passenger airbag off light comes on.. if it doesnt leave as it and move on.. if it still comes on.. reach over and grab the bladder and slowly tighten the zip ties a couple clicks each, then wait 20 seconds or so... then retighten until the light goes off. now snip off the ends of the zip ties..

i then tucked the bladded under carpet right under the butt of the seat... you'll feel a foam piece in there.. if u took this out you would have uber room but i already had room under seat so i just forced it in...

next you will see my Nismo bypass harness used to cancel out the airbag light.. you can also use a 2.2ohm resistor (not 2.2K, 2.2ohm the colors on the resistor should read: RED RED GOLD GOLD this means 2.2ohm, all resistors are marked with their ohmage on the actualy resistor)

now everything tucked under you will see a little buldge where the bladder is hidden

voila... everything you needed to know about SRS light reset and weight sensor.

riley
Hi, This blinking airbag light is driving me mad. Anyway to see images in your post?

Thanks,
Mano