Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nav system program DVD.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nav system program DVD.

Hi All !!

I have an 04 G35x with NAV and just purchased the 6.4 version. However, when I try and plug in a city and state near me it can't find it ?? The Infiniti dealer says I need the program DVD for it to read the citys and states near me ... It only comes up with California now ..

Anyways, Does anyone have the programing or whatever DVD I need for it to be able to route to destinations in my area? I am willing to pay for it or will trade an extra 6.4 NAV DVD I have for it .. Anything to get this sucker working like it should.

Please let me know if anyone can help me out .. Or knows another way to get it working properly.... My wife is kill'in me ..

Thanks much !!

Old 08-11-2006, 01:08 PM
try driving a mile or so. when we put in a new dvd in my 04 it initially read CA.... they said a short drive resets it... it worked.

Old 08-12-2006, 12:22 AM
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
No, you really do have to set the home state! I live in Canada and the same happened to me when I lit it up the first time. When you go to put in the destination, the default state is there. You need to go up and change it. Not a big deal at all.

Old 08-13-2006, 10:00 PM
Thaks for your relpies ... When I try and change the default state from California, it comes up saying " No Data " It like it will only allow me to set a detination that state.

However, It I go to map, and map something down the street, it seems to find that .... I am so confused ...

Any way to change the default state from California ??

Thanks much !!!

Old 09-21-2006, 08:25 AM
All,

I brought my 04 to the dealer .. They are saying that I do need to program DVD .. I still have not gotten my 6.4 DVD to work properly .. It will not allow me to change the default state from California .. If anyone has the program DVD they will sell me, trade me, loan me, whatever it takes ... If I don't get the new DVD working soon ... she says shes gonna trade the car in for a Lexus ...

Thanks much !! Rick

Old 09-21-2006, 01:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just move to cali

Old 09-24-2006, 12:49 PM
Hey Raddad, I was just reading about your problem, I had the same thing going on. I was trying to be cheap and order a burned copy of the program and the map dvd, and well it just didnt work. So I not only lost $100 on Ebay but I had to spend the $235 to Zenrin to have the actual dvds. Thats all it took works great now. The Program dvd actually changes the dvd player to ungrade and be able to read the new dvd. Its very easy to use, all you do it insert the dvd and your screen will look alot like your home computer when you install something new. You will see a progress meter at the bottom of the screen and when its done it will beep and ask for the map dvd to be inserted. Then you simply turn the car off and then turn it back on and you are all done. I'm of course using my dvd map because you have to but I do have the 6.4 version program dvd. Pm me if you are interested.

Last edited by jock_3101; 09-24-2006 at 12:51 PM.