Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

HELP PLEASE!! AC controller soldering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 07:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
HELP PLEASE!! AC controller soldering

Hey everyone,

I know I've seen it before, but can someone link me to the soldering tips for the 05 DD DIY Kit?? I know that on the 05 JDM board, you have to solder an old button, LED, AND resistor onto the new board. But for the life of me, I can't find the instructions on which resistor to put on and the orientation, etc. Can anyone help, I'm in the middle of my install!!

Old 08-15-2006, 09:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Figured it out.... Just an FYI for anyone who's interested.....

Since the 05 JDM AC controller doesn't come with the LED and resistor installed like the 03-04 does, you have to flash solder an LED and "242" resistor off the old controller. Use the tip of the soldering iron to heat up the solder point on the old board. I used a pushing motion to get the solder out from underneath the LED and resistor. After a few minutes of trying, this seemed to work and loosened it.

When you're going to solder the LED and "242" resistor onto the new JDM board, make sure the LED has the little green dot in the lower right corner. For the resistor, I soldered it on like the other resistors were soldered on, so that if you're holding the board vertically with the temperature button against your chest, you can read the numbers.

A little solering iron love and I was in business...

NOTE: I know this is on the forum somewhere, but it's burried so I figured reposting this couldn't hurt..