Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Worst Navi Ever?? HELP !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 04:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worst Navi Ever?? HELP !!

Hey everybody,

So i was wondering if everyone with a stock nav has these problems and agrees that your half blind 95 year old aunt could steer you better than the Infiniti Navigation system.

There is no "refresh" of the route. Ex. If it is telling you to make a Right and you actually make a left. The system does not "refresh" and direct you in the right direction. INSANE as it may sound this is true of Infiniti Navigation systems. You have to literally pull over go through the menus and tell it to "recalculate route" .

Does anyone else have this problem ? Is there a solution for this dumb dumb dumb piece of functionality.

I have a 2006 with Navigation and all the other stuff.

Please email me with any advice on a possible cure. amankakar@gmail.com

Old 11-21-2006, 04:54 PM
I agree that the infiniti navi is not the best on the market but mine recalculates the route if I make a wrong turn or even miss and an exit off the freeway. I also added a switch so that I can have full use of the navi while the car is in motion.

Old 11-21-2006, 04:58 PM
more about this "switch" please

Old 11-21-2006, 05:03 PM
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
more info on switch

Old 11-21-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by emtguy05
more about this "switch" please
All i did was find the VSS wire that goes from the navi rom to the screen. Its the white/green wire. Cut it half way and wire to a 2 way switch which I mounted near the coin holder. Basicaly what it does is when the switch is off the system thinks that the car is not moving therefor giving you access to the full system. Once the switch is turned on the system act normal. The only draw back is when the switch is off the screen is not moving so it takes the navi about 5-15 seconds to refresh you location. Hope this helps.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:11 PM
The navigation should automatically re-route you if you make a wrong turn or go past your turn. On the 05 it does it, it may be in your settings somewhere. If not I would recommend going back to the dealer and asking them to fix it because it is supposed to re-route you automatically.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
My 03 recalculates. There is a setting I believe that you can enable/disable auto route recalculation

Old 11-21-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by nyclifeg
The only draw back is when the switch is off the screen is not moving so it takes the navi about 5-15 seconds to refresh you location. Hope this helps.
R you saying you can always have it on "off" but will take little extra time to locate the car 1 time(like right after you choose you destination)?, or its always 5-15 seconds behind?

also, any old toggle type switch works for this?

also, any pics of your switch install/location?

thanks for info...

Old 11-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by vstrizheus
My 03 recalculates. There is a setting I believe that you can enable/disable auto route recalculation

How??? Where ?? I have gone through it many times trying to find a cure for this. Can anyone point out the necessary steps if i can infact "enable" route recalculation.

Thanks!

Old 11-21-2006, 09:00 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
very cool I always thought about the vss but glad to know that it would work thanks gonna do that this weekend

Old 11-21-2006, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by aman27
How??? Where ?? I have gone through it many times trying to find a cure for this. Can anyone point out the necessary steps if i can infact "enable" route recalculation.

Thanks!
Ok so on the 05 it's under Settings>Navigation>Auto Reroute. Once you click on navation under settings scroll down and you should see the Auto Reroute option.