Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Is this system possible to do and if so whats the best way? inCAR PC setup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 04:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this system possible to do and if so whats the best way? inCAR PC setup

I want to install a Digitalwheelz Touchscreen, with a inCAR pc in the trunk.
I also want to be able to have NAV features (i was thinking Streetdecks), iPOD control from steering wheel, and possibly a DVD player in the top glove box... is this possible to be all integrated together... I would like to run my iPOD so that the wire is connect in the arm rest compartment. I also want to be able to retain my stock headunit and i want to have function of the CD changer and FM/AM Radio...

I know I need a DigitalWheelz TSV7000 with a inCAR pc(obviously my specs).
I know I will need the streetdecks software and the GPS system. I will also be getting the trunk mount for the miniPC and the single din glove box converter.

My concern is do i need to get a DVD drive for the PC and a seperate one so i can route that one to the glove box to have access to play movies.... or maybe i am better off getting a stereo DVDheadunit and mounting it in the glove box and a seperate CD or DVD drive for the comp... I am not even sure if the PC DVD-drive can be ran that far to the front of the car?
Better yet can this setup handle a DVD headunit from a different source and function properly? Also whats the best way to intergrate the iPOD into my Car.... i was looking at the Pa11–nis but i was wondering if all this other hardware was going to conflict?

***Is this System Possible?***