Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

PICS Rear door panel Bose speakers G35Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 02:11 AM
G SQUAD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PICS Rear door panel Bose speakers G35Coupe

Nothing beats a pic i always say...

As you can see....I posted a pic of this for coupe owners cause maybe it on here but i dag on could not find a pic of it when I searched....This sites search engine needs work man!

Anyway....here is a pic of the rear panel speakers and mounting depth for all those with any questions on what they look like or how much room you may or may not have to mount aftermarkets.....or just wanna know what is going on in there......

I also did a post on how to remove these panels on the G35 coupe in another post....I will post a link to that post at the end of these picture series...Hope it helps!!

BTW: those are 10mm bolts holding it in....or #2 phillips head bolt ( i would use ratchet though...gets better grip)

Lexus for my luxury and Infiniti G35 Coupe for my speed. I must say...Life is not always a B!TCH<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by NYCG35 on 11/16/03 11:15 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

139879-Side panel Bose speaker.jpg

Old 11-17-2003, 02:13 AM
G SQUAD
Re: PICS Rear door panel Bose speakers G35Coupe

Close up of this speaker

Lexus for my luxury and Infiniti G35 Coupe for my speed. I must say...Life is not always a B!TCH

139882-bose speaker front.jpg

Old 11-17-2003, 02:17 AM
G SQUAD

Here is the rear......WOW that is a small magnet....LOL
AND yes that is one piece..the plastic housing is part of the speaker itself....

Lexus for my luxury and Infiniti G35 Coupe for my speed. I must say...Life is not always a B!TCH

139886-Bose speaker back.jpg

Old 11-17-2003, 02:22 AM
G SQUAD

Now mounting depth...I seems to get any kind of depth to mount an aftermarket speaker you would have to cut the Bose speaker out of its plastic housing. (thereby destroying it, and deservingly so I might add...LOL).

I measured from the plastic housing to about 1/4" away from the inside body of the car...
..The speaker is 6.5"

139887-Bose speaker depth G35C.jpg

Old 11-17-2003, 02:26 AM
G SQUAD

Here is the address for my post on how to remove the side panels...Step by Step Pics included!!

https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...sed&sb=5&part=

Old 11-17-2003, 03:27 AM
d3g

Man, thats some good info. Thanks! I haven't replaced that speaker yet but now I will. It looks like it's the same size as the door speakers. I had to make a spacer for my door speakers as the magnet was too deep. It was hitting the window when it was rolled down if I remeber correctly. Thanks again!

Old 04-14-2004, 04:18 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

from the pics it looks like the speaker is just sitting on a bracket that is mounted to the side panel. It this the case? no wonder the rear speakers have absolutely no bass, there is no enclosure and they are in free air. is it possible to cut the inside sheetmetal and mount the speaker directly to the inside body panel and use the cavity between the outside skin and inside skin as an enclosure?

Old 04-14-2004, 10:20 AM

Good info thanks. Only thing I am confused about is in your diagram you stated that the depth was around 3"? yet in Another post you said you were having problems installing a speaker with 2.75"? Maybe (or obviously) I mis-understood can you elaborate? I just want to make sure I get speakers that fit. Thanks,

-J

"I'm not saying you're full of BS, per se" - Zimbo

-JustICE

Old 04-14-2004, 01:15 PM

Note that I haven't install speakers yet as I'm also waiting to have everything cleared up, but as far as I can tell from the two threads, if you want to retain the speaker housing, you have a much more limited installation depth ~2". If you remove the plastic housing and use your own spacer, you'll get closer to 3".

Old 04-14-2004, 03:29 PM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the pix and the mseaurement specs, this will help alot of people when deciding on repalcement speakers! Great job and great DIY on rear panel removal.

Have you thought about doing a DIY guide over at g-owners.com like my doubleDIn conversion guide. Contaact Matt at admin over there and he can make it for you. All he needs is the text and the pix.

docron1 aka joepaniolo

Old 04-14-2004, 07:59 PM
G SQUAD

I didnt even know there was such a site....actually I'd like to request from the administrators of this site as a suggestion that people get emails when anyone replys to any post on a thread you are in...instead of only getting an email when someone replies to your particular post ...it makes it hard to answer people back and keep track of additions to the thread...

anyways.....I am actually going to post another DIY with pics when i do my stereo...I dont know about you guys but I LOVE info and detailed info + pics.....so when i post I always add pics and step by step with as much info as I can...so i can help people who have the same questions I had....

this summer I will be installing my stereo (May/June 2004) I will again remove the side panels and this time pad the whole rear deck, (love this car, but damn it makes more creaks and rattles than a haunted house)...anyways look out for it, I'll be keeping the BOSE HU (cause I actually like it) but changing the tweets capacitors, adding a 4chan amp + mono amp , Kenwood EQ, 1 Farad Cap, 4 gauge power wire from Battery, 10" Bazooka tube (cause yeah I still need to get to my spare tire), may change the speakers too ....either way I'm glad to help guys......

Oh yeah FYI : I never posted anything about having trouble fitting a 2.75" speaker in the car...cause i never changed my speakers.....so i dont know where you got that from (who ever posted that somewhere above)....must have got my post confused with something else

Lexus for my luxury and G35 Coupe for my speed. I must say...Life is not always a B!TCH

Old 10-29-2009, 08:00 PM
why Infiniti didnt mount the rear speakers from trunk anyways!!!!!!

Old 10-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by sakal02
why Infiniti didnt mount the rear speakers from trunk anyways!!!!!!
pain 2 remove rear speakes

Old 10-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice bump..lmfao.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:43 PM
Guys,
I ve been searching online how change my speakers.
I have new ones for almost for a year now and never had the chanse to replace them

Is there any pictures or any manuals to help???

Or anyone to help me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PICS Rear door panel Bose speakers G35Coupe