Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Need Help Big Time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 03:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Need Help Big Time

Hi, Guys, Need Advice Plz.... and Here's the story.

I purchased my Infiniti 06 G35 about 1 month ago, and decided to put a system and Nav in it while also attempt to improve the sound system in my G35. I have asked around school for a good place to have all the things done and apparently one of my friend advice me to go to this place in Pasadena and I totally got screwed over.

First of all, they attempted to sell me really crappy products for speakers and stuff for a real high price, and because my friend recommanded me the place, i decided to just go a head and paid the place. I paid a total of about 4,300 USD on a bunch of crap. Later, my friend and I found out I have been "Jewed" and went back the next day demanding Money back. They refuse and we have gone into a very big arguement, which later resulted in a compromise. Instead of refunding, they upgraded all the "Junk" into full Alphine sound system with 2 Amp of one 650w and one 550w. I also got 2 10" subwoofer + Lambo Doors + Eclipse Head Unit AVN 5500. That day, they promised to have the car finish in 2 Days.

Two days has slowly turned into now... about 1 month. They have installed the Amp , Subwoofer and the lambo doors but they seem to still have a very hard time putting in the Nav since they claim that it's very hard to find the "Right" In Dash Nav Kit for a G35 Coupe. I left my car at their shop for the spring break and hopefully they can manage to finish it, since i have made a deal with them before I left. The deal was if the car isn't complete by the time i return to Socal , they will refund me the money for the Nav. Anywayz, here's the biggest problem.

- I have listened to the sound system, and It doesn't sound good at all considering it's a full Alphine System. Based on many of my friends' oppinion, It sounded more like a 50 dollar system. Therefore, i am pretty sure the place messed up the installation and did a very crappy job. What Should i do now?
*** I regret of rushing to get a system and Nav without knowing anything about them.

Question:

Is there any place where i can let them check whether or not they have install the sound system in a professional manner??? I am willing to pay to get it fix and sound nice again. I think is the wiring that went completely wrong and crappy...... Is there any place near Riverside/ Anaheim/ Irvine i can go to that will do a great job in installation? Thanks In Advance.

Old 03-25-2007, 03:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man....i been down that road before not with my G tho..i just bit the bullet an live on

Old 03-25-2007, 05:25 AM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
Yea. Pay another shop to look at it. They'll charge you an hourly rate to tell you if it's ok or not.

And just so that you know, the only "right" dash kit is a genuine Nissan kit available only from Infiniti and Nissan dealers