Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Disabling the horn from sounding when setting alarm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2007 | 01:01 PM
|
Disabling the horn from sounding when setting alarm

How do you stop the car from briefly sounding the horn when you lock the car with the key fob?

Old 04-12-2007 | 01:03 PM
The quick start guide has the procedure, I believe you have to hold both the lock and unlock buttons for a few seconds.

From the quickstart guide:

To Activate:
Press and hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together for at least 2 seconds. The hazard indicators will flash once and the horn will chirp once to confirm the operation is complete.

To Deactivate: Again, press and hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together for at least 2 seconds. The hazard indicators will flash three times to confirm the operation is complete.

Last edited by shawnost; 04-12-2007 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-12-2007 | 01:34 PM
Also, if you lock using button on the door handle, it will just "chirp"

Old 04-12-2007 | 02:06 PM
I rarely ever pull out my key fob. Hit the button on the handle, and you're good.

Originally Posted by chrisbel
Also, if you lock using button on the door handle, it will just "chirp"

Old 04-12-2007 | 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by timn99
I rarely ever pull out my key fob. Hit the button on the handle, and you're good.
The door handle button is somewhat inconvenient because it doesn't work if another door is open and it sets off an extremely annoying alarm. Which results in everyone looking around and staring at you wonder what the F is going on, this turns into a big conversation, on how you have to stand there like a bafoon waiting for everyone to close there doors so you can push the button. then their eye's stare at you like... that's stupid!

The buttons good when your by yourself, but is a pain when anyone else is involved in the drive.

Same issue with the button on how you always need to bee the first at the car and pressing the button otherwise it's a pain in the *** and results in a conversation about how I have to get to the car before you to let you in, they then say "so your car doesn't have a keyfob?" with a look like you idiot who spent $40K and didn't get remote door locks????. then he says "even the kia's come with remote door & trunk" ....etc.. and so to avoid this conversation I will just use the keyfob until I get the business cards printed up with a full explanation, that way I can just hand them out! while I spread inconvenience across all of Connecticut by using the button

keyless is great concept but it needs a lot of work before it will replace the remote keyfob.

Old 04-12-2007 | 07:28 PM
|
Originally Posted by kring
The door handle button is somewhat inconvenient because it doesn't work if another door is open and it sets off an extremely annoying alarm. Which results in everyone looking around and staring at you wonder what the F is going on, this turns into a big conversation, on how you have to stand there like a bafoon waiting for everyone to close there doors so you can push the button. then their eye's stare at you like... that's stupid!

The buttons good when your by yourself, but is a pain when anyone else is involved in the drive.

Same issue with the button on how you always need to bee the first at the car and pressing the button otherwise it's a pain in the *** and results in a conversation about how I have to get to the car before you to let you in, they then say "so your car doesn't have a keyfob?" with a look like you idiot who spent $40K and didn't get remote door locks????. then he says "even the kia's come with remote door & trunk" ....etc.. and so to avoid this conversation I will just use the keyfob until I get the business cards printed up with a full explanation, that way I can just hand them out! while I spread inconvenience across all of Connecticut by using the button

keyless is great concept but it needs a lot of work before it will replace the remote keyfob.
Press the button on the drivers door two times quickly. It will open all doors.

Old 04-13-2007 | 04:43 AM
i think the keyless fob would be perfect if it did an auto open when you got close instead of having to push the button, auto locking when walking away would be nice too.. for now its just great