Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

NOT Sure what this is

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mixturepinoy
i know what it is. It's a switch with a light on it. You don't need to Sherlock Holmes to know this. As for what it does? It does switch type things. Mystery solved!
LOL, that's true and funny, but not very helpful though , LOL

Old 06-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by sameernof
I'm not quite sure, as I bought the car used, I assumed it had a factory alarm, but it may have an after market alarm as well. DOes the factory alarm have a kill switch?
I don't believe so. If it does, I don't know where it is at. Do you use the factory keyfob? If so, then you probably have the factory one only. If it is an aftermarket alarm, it uses a whole different keyfob.

Old 06-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by Cmaranan
I don't believe so. If it does, I don't know where it is at. Do you use the factory keyfob? If so, then you probably have the factory one only. If it is an aftermarket alarm, it uses a whole different keyfob.
I have the factory Key fob. So if that's the case, then is this an addon to the alarm and if so, what does it do?

Old 06-01-2007, 04:26 PM
The way that it is installed, it doesn't look very "factory" to me. Have you tried arming the alarm with it in its off (random blinking) position? If you still can't figure it out, ask the dealer for the previous owner's contact info and ask what it is for.

Old 06-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Cmaranan
The way that it is installed, it doesn't look very "factory" to me. Have you tried arming the alarm with it in its off (random blinking) position? If you still can't figure it out, ask the dealer for the previous owner's contact info and ask what it is for.
KK i'll try that and get back to everyone and if not I will try the dealer (but I still don't trust them....lol). Thanks for the help all

Old 06-01-2007, 04:51 PM
valet switch ftw

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.