Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

ipod help please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ipod help please

i was wondering that, is there any like cable that i can buy or anything to hook up my ipod to my g35, because i dont want to use the fm radio to connect it? i dont have a navi either just the stock radio?

Old 06-24-2007, 11:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 06-24-2007, 11:14 PM
so thats the only way to install a ipod into a g35 07

Old 06-24-2007, 11:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
nopers, there are more setups but that would be the factory setup and is guaranteed to work with your controls on the steeringwheel

Old 06-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Just get a $30 wire from crutchfield youhave to control from the ipod though. or Best Buy has one for $150 and you can control through your head unit.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:43 PM
get the USAspec PA11-NIS...you retain your steering wheel controls as well as pick up an extra set of inputs, and it charges the ipod....bout 120 on crutchfield or cardomain

Old 06-28-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by 4 Door Skyline
get the USAspec PA11-NIS...you retain your steering wheel controls as well as pick up an extra set of inputs, and it charges the ipod....bout 120 on crutchfield or cardomain

Old 07-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Okay, I'm new here and I have a 2005 G35x without Satellite Radio and have a few questions about the two units mentioned on this page (Nissan factory ipod adapter and USA Spec PA11-NS)

1) Do you lose the CD changer functionality with either or both of the above mentioned options? If so, do you still get to use the CD Player, but can only have a single disc loaded at a time? Can someone explain what exactly I would be giving up with these? I have no plans to ever buy a satellite radio, isn't there some way to use the port that would use?

2) With the PA11-NS do you not see the album/track/artist info on the radio display? You have to actually look at the ipod screen to tell what's playing? I think I would be using it in Direct mode, since I would prefer to be able to fly around the ipod using the ipod wheel.

3) With the Nissan factory part, do you not get to use the iPod wheel if you so desire? It's cool that you can scroll through all the playlists, etc. with your radio controls and you can see the artist/track info on the radio display, but I definitely would like to use the wheel too!

Okay, I think that's all for now... unless someone knows a cheap spot to grab these!

Old 09-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Mattyg1027
Okay, I'm new here and I have a 2005 G35x without Satellite Radio and have a few questions about the two units mentioned on this page (Nissan factory ipod adapter and USA Spec PA11-NS)

1) Do you lose the CD changer functionality with either or both of the above mentioned options? If so, do you still get to use the CD Player, but can only have a single disc loaded at a time? Can someone explain what exactly I would be giving up with these? I have no plans to ever buy a satellite radio, isn't there some way to use the port that would use?

2) With the PA11-NS do you not see the album/track/artist info on the radio display? You have to actually look at the ipod screen to tell what's playing? I think I would be using it in Direct mode, since I would prefer to be able to fly around the ipod using the ipod wheel.

3) With the Nissan factory part, do you not get to use the iPod wheel if you so desire? It's cool that you can scroll through all the playlists, etc. with your radio controls and you can see the artist/track info on the radio display, but I definitely would like to use the wheel too!

Okay, I think that's all for now... unless someone knows a cheap spot to grab these!
1) if you have the in-dash 6disc changer than you are good...the only thing that i gave up is sat radio..but i never wanted it...i just installed the usa spec ...and my bluetooth still works even though usa spec's web site that it doesnt...

2)no, there is no track/album info displayed on the HU...i have mine in "hybrid" mode...its some new thing on the usa spec that lets you assign playlists as well as scroll through your tunes on the ipod itself....you do have steering wheel controlls..but its only track up and down...havnt figured out if you can go between different albums..only had it installed for a week

3) dunno

i got mine from crutchfield for 119 to my door...do a search and i posted the coupon code that i used...and no its not one of my referals or whatever someone asked me...that was my 1st order from crutchfield...i just did a google search for crutchfield coupon code

hope this helps