Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

is there any way?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 02:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is there any way?

Is there anyway to get the stock bluetooth work with an after the market d3? Or is there an after market one that i can put in the stock microphone place....

Thanks,
Jon

Old 10-02-2007, 11:01 AM
or put in a mic right where the stock mic is currently?

Old 10-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have been looking at the same problem and i have found little information. It seems like some installers have kept the rear speakers connected to the HU to maintain the Bluetooth functionality, which to me would mean that they kept the Bose HU somewhere in the car to keep it working. i have also hear that the Bluetooth module is separate from the Bose amp and should be mounted in the trunk, which would mean that we could tap that and hook it up to the new HU.

I am looking to get the same setup as you with the AVIC-D3, but since so many complain about the stock Bluetooth i was gonna go with the pioneer module and hope that it works better.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:59 PM
yea stock does suck but i want to maintain the "stock" look... There has to be some way to put the new mic where the stock mic is currently....

Jon

Old 10-28-2007, 10:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am looking to do the exact same thing as you guys. I am going to be getting the headunit and pioneer bluetooth this coming week in the mail and am going to check it out as soon as I get a chance. I figure that a mic is a mic. The bluetooth unit is in the trunk of out cars under the driver side plastic area next to the spare tire. It is next to the bose amp. I am going to take a look at it and see if I can find the mic wire that goes into this and tap it into the pioneer unit.

If anyone has a wire diagram for the factory bluetooth unit please let me know. It would save me a lot of time.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:38 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Does the stock bluetooth steering wheel control work with aftermarket HUs? E.g. through a PAC-SWIX or whathaveyou?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.