Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Infinity Basslink

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infinity Basslink

Hi guys, I was wondering what a good installation price is for an Infinity Basslink in the G. I went to Good Guys and they quoted me $200 for labor and $100 for parts since I don't have any wiring whatsoever. I told them that they were nuts to charge me that much since that's almost the price of the subwoofer itself ($399). I went to Bestbuy and they quoted me $100 for labor and $50 for parts. Do you guys think this price is fair or should I shop around some more? I live in Berkeley (San Francisco Area) and there aren't that many audio stores around here. Any of you guys have recommendation for audio installation? Thanks!

Old 02-21-2004, 09:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Infinity Basslink

i think you should do it yourself. From what i hear, it is pretty easy.

<a href="http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB25&Number=67556233&fpar t=&PHPSESSID=">look here</a>

it is the only way you will know it was done right. Let me know how it hits.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, 15% tint

Old 02-23-2004, 08:30 AM

100 everything...

2004 Ivory Pearl Sports Coupe

Old 02-23-2004, 03:05 PM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts

I had my car audio guys install it for $50 although I had all the parts (brackets, cables, etc.) They hooked it into my RCA outputs from my MTX THunder Amps and not splice it from rear speakers. Those prices you quoted are S T E E P!

Mine is mounted on the trunk cover on the passenger side, wedged closely next to wall. It doesn't quite fit exactly like a Q Logic or custom box would but it works. No one will critique my trunk so I don't care.

Other people who have installed it themselved said its not that hard. I'm electronically naive when it comes to splicing so I had pros do it while they did my other speaker swaps.

Old 02-29-2004, 11:33 PM

Hello i was interested in the bass link
wanted to know how much more bass was gained out of the
setup ?? i listen to hip hop,R&B, etc.. music that has alot of bass and beats to it
my bose is not really cutting it some songs good good others speakers are breaking up

04 G35 Coupe 6SPD
Fully loaded
DG/G
Still on break in :-| 600 miles togo

Old 03-01-2004, 01:29 AM

It adds good decent clean bass but not as much as a true sub. Its enough for me, I listen to some hiphop/rap for stress relief but don't want to be one of those cars that people glare at as I drive by b/c of being a noise pollutant. You can adjust the gain of the sub via the remote ****. Another advantage is its compact and has an amp included already.

Old 03-01-2004, 02:35 AM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with the Infinity Basslink which I'm sure you all know sports a 10" subwoofer on top a 10" passive radiator (which is like having 2 subs in the space of one). The Basslink also features a built in 200 watt class D amp, and best yet, the whole unit measures in at 14.5" wide, 13" high, and 10" deep. For its size, it really packs a mean punch, and installation is simplified due to the integrated amp and electronics.

You can get the Basslink in either all black, or in a clear chassis. It also comes with a remote bass level control, so you can adjust it from the drivers seat without having to go back to the trunk and fiddle with the gain controls.

Other important features and specs are: Frequency response 20-120 Hz, Low-pass crossover variable from 50- 120 Hz at 12 dB per octave, Bass boost feature (-6 dB to +3 dB at 40 Hz), Speaker and line-level inputs, and last but not least you can get a Basslink for as low as $170 + shipping (ebay).

The Basslink is your best bang for the buck when it comes to size, performance and value! Its perfect for anyone looking for a compact, easy to install (and or remove), hard hitting all in one bass enclosure, that won't take up your whole trunk, and that wont rip a hole in your wallet. Anoter important fact about the Basslink is that it weighs half as much of a conventional 10" sub in a wooden type enlcosure without an amp! Making it perfect for all you performance minded folks!

Parts wise, you really don't need much, as the Basslink accepts speaker level inputs and comes with plenty of wire to get the job done. The only thing that you will need is an amp intall kit for the power which can be purchased for between $20 and $50 depending on brand. I also opted to fab a quick-disconect harness, and mounted it down to a plexi-plate held with two special wing nuts, so if need be, I can take my Basslink out in a matter of seconds

Labor wise, it took me about 2 hours to install everything. Its really not hard at all, and all honestly, it may even take a shop less time. A friend of mine who has a Porsche C4S also picked up a Basslink and had it installed for $125 at a local audio shop.

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 03-01-2004, 01:25 PM

I've had my Basslink in my coupe for a few weeks now and I love it!!!! I agree with Ducati...it is the best bang for your buck. And installation is super-easy since you can tap into the inputs on the Bose amp right there in the trunk- no need to tear the dash apart at all.

Hey Ducati, where did you mount the remote bass ****??? I'm still trying to decide where to mount mine. I wanted some place a little easier to reach than inside the center console or upper glove box.

'04 Laser Red, 6MT, Premium, Aero, Splash, ClearBra, Z-tube, JWT PopCharger, JDM Pedals

Old 03-01-2004, 01:25 PM

I've had my Basslink in my coupe for a few weeks now and I love it!!!! I agree with Ducati...it is the best bang for your buck. And installation is super-easy since you can tap into the inputs on the Bose amp right there in the trunk- no need to tear the dash apart at all.

Hey Ducati, where did you mount the remote bass ****??? I'm still trying to decide where to mount mine. I wanted some place a little easier to reach than inside the center console or upper glove box.

'04 Laser Red, 6MT, Premium, Aero, Splash, ClearBra, Z-tube, JWT PopCharger, JDM Pedals

Old 03-01-2004, 03:39 PM

I mounted my **** tucked under the driver-side panel (the panel that holds the driver-side 12V power plug). Its out of sight and its easily reachable and only I know where its at. I also didn't have to drill any holes to mount it.
I don't plan on using is much since I can know control it through my aftermarket deck's sub controls.

Old 03-01-2004, 05:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you all use a line output converter, like the "VEN4" with your install?

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, 15% tint

Old 03-01-2004, 06:11 PM

Initially, yes, they did install it with a converter. But since I replaced the crappy Blose deck, I ran an RCA directly from the Basslink to the aftermarket deck's RCA sub output.

Old 03-03-2004, 08:01 AM

There's really no need to use a line output converter with the Basslink since it will accept speaker-level inputs. That's how I installed mine and it works fine. The only issue I ran across when using the speaker-level inputs was the auto turn-on circuit didn't function correctly. It would power up fine but kept shutting off after 2-3 minutes. So, I tapped into the remote turn-on signal to the Bose amp, ran it to the Basslink and turned off auto-on sensing. Problem solved.

Old 03-03-2004, 08:01 AM

There's really no need to use a line output converter with the Basslink since it will accept speaker-level inputs. That's how I installed mine and it works fine. The only issue I ran across when using the speaker-level inputs was the auto turn-on circuit didn't function correctly. It would power up fine but kept shutting off after 2-3 minutes. So, I tapped into the remote turn-on signal to the Bose amp, ran it to the Basslink and turned off auto-on sensing. Problem solved.

Old 03-03-2004, 09:48 AM

Hey Brian,
Can you tell me which wire is the remote turn on signal for the Bose amp? I'm currently using the auto-on senser, and it does kind of bother me. A diagram or explanation would be good as to which wire it is.

Thanks,
Frank

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infinity Basslink