Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Ipod Integration **WITH SATTELITE**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Ipod Integration **WITH SATTELITE**

Looking into purchasing an ebay brand unit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...spagenameZWD1V

has anyone used this? easy to install?

FROM EBAY:

2003-2006 INFINITI G35

DIRECT AUX iPOD + AUX INPUT

Allows you to Connect your iPOD directly to your factory car stereo, and gives you an additional Auxillary Input

2003-2006 Infiniti G35*

*Must have RADIO or SAT button

Compatibility Notes!! Please read before buying!

1.) Factory radio MUST have an 'RADIO' or 'SAT' button on it. If you radio has this, Check out the other (#2-7) compatibility issues.

2.) FULLY COMPATIBLE with or without factory premium sound (Infinity, Boston Acoustic etc.), this feature will remain unchanged and work just as it does now

3.) FULLY COMPATIBLE with or without single disc factory stereo, this feature will remain unchanged and work just as it does now

4.) FULLY COMPATIBLE with or without In-Dash AM/FM/6-Disc Changer, this feature will remain unchanged and work just as it does now.

5.) FULLY COMPATIBLE with or without Factory Satellite (XM or Sirius) radio, this feature will remain unchanged and work just as it does now.

6.) FULLY COMPATIBLE with or without factory Navigation System, this feature will remain unchanged and work just as it does now.

7.) FULLY COMPATIBLE with or without Factory DVD system (VES), this feature will remain unchanged and work just as it does now.

Check out our STORE for more integration options!!! Also many other iPOD AUX Inputs AVAILABLE check them all out HERE!!!

To see more integration accessories check out our STORE, just click HERE, we stock more AUX input adapters, Direct iPOD input adapters and iPOD Accessories than anyone else on eBAY.

New!!!! This iPOD Aux Input interface will allow you to get a iPOD direct digital audio input and a additional AUX input to your factory radio. Not only will this interface connect your iPOD to your car stereo and play it through your audio system, but it will also charge your iPOD while it is connected. If you are currently using a FM modulator to listen to your iPOD you will be so impressed with this interface. It is the Perfect Solution for you, from Integration Solutions.

For the additional Aux input you can run anything into it via RCA's and switch to that instead of the iPOD anytime by pressing a button on your factory car stereo. This interface is the best solution for adding your iPOD to your factory car stereo. Never settle for a noisy radio frequency FM (RF) modulator / transmitter.

E-A-S-Y Installation as explained below
NO SPLICING of any wires!!! We do everything for you ahead of time!!!
Retains iPOD display & controls (DOES NOT lock up your iPOD)
Provides CD Quality Sound from your iPOD and a AUX source
Charges your iPOD battery while connected, and DOES NOT drain your car battery
Stops charging once you turn your vehicle off
Allows you to switch to your AUX at any time from your radio buttons
Works with factory satellite radio (Sirius) or DVD system (VES) and retains fulls functionality of these premium features.
Brand NEW like everything else we sell & Ships FAST!!

Where do I install this iPOD interface?

This installation will require you to remove the factory radio in order to plug in the vehicle specific harness (included). We will send instructions for removing your radio with your order. Please let us know as much about your radio as possible so we can provide the best instructions for your particular installation. This interface comes with all harnesses needed to install to your factory car stereo. If you have any questions about removing your radio please e-mail us at sales@integrationsolutions.net.

Here are the installation instructions for once you get the radio removed:

1. Identify the connectors (10-pin & 12-pin, if equipped) on the back of your factory radio (shown below). You will then temporarily unplug the 10-pin plug first. After the 10-pin plug is removed and set aside for later in the install, unplug the 12-pin (if present). The 12-pin may or may not be plugged into your radio. If it is not there dont worry it will not affect your install. This disgram shopws the 12-pin diagram for the back of your radio. This interface is only compatible with radios that have this 12-pin adapter- identified by having the radio or sat button on the face of your rado.

2. Insert the mating 10-pin main power Plug (Pictured below) from the iPOD AUX input into the factory radio. You will plug the 10-pin harness your removed in step 1 into the mating connector on the other side of this harness. This harness is a pass-thru harness for the factory harness.

3. Next you will connect the 12-pin harness to the back of your factory stereo. If you removed a 12-pin plug in step 1, input that connector you removed into the mating 12-pin connector on the harness. This harness is like a pass-thru harness for the factory harness (if equipped). You will then sewt the switch on the side of the interface to on (with factory SAT radio) or off (No factory SAT radio). This install is E-A-S-Y.

4. Connect your AUX input to the RCA input on this interface. If your AUX input does have a RCA output and instead has a 1/8" (headphone jack) output click HERE for a cable to convert rca to 1/8" headphone type jack. We can add this cable to your order for no extra shipping charge.

5. After a successful test, reassemble your dash like it was from the factory. The only thing you will see on the outside of your dash is the iPOD connector and/or a AUX input connector (Depending on what you are connecting). The interface will hide back behind your radio, its only 3.5" x 1.5" x 1" and will be very easy to find a spot for. You might even extend it over by the glove box.

Is this compatible with my iPOD? What iPOD's is this compatible with?

This interface is compatible with the following iPod's through the bottom dock connector:

NANO (ALL MODELS)

VIDEO (ALL MODELS)

PHOTO (ALL MODELS)

MINI (ALL MODELS)

G3 (3rd GEN)

G4 (4th GEN)

Old 11-18-2007, 03:55 PM
think itll work?

Old 11-18-2007, 04:17 PM
i guess ill have to be a test subject! im going to get it and complain to ebay if it doesnt work and ill get my $ back, this is just too good a deal to pass up!

Old 11-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
soooo.. how did it go? im considering on purchasing that too if it is everything it says its cut out to be.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It'll work. I had purchased a similar AAI-NIS2 device, with iPod dock station. Works fine, but only until radio sees the satellite. Meaning, when you're indoors, XM doesn't work and so does the iPod.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:05 PM
i got the product today, and i will keep you updated, it seems to be exactly what i needed though! ill post pics later!

Old 11-26-2007, 05:17 PM
IT LIVES!!! By far the easiest and most productive ipod integration so far for me (ive had 3 previous ones) AND I GET TO KEEP MY SATTELITE RADIO!!!

I didnt take any pics, but this helped a lot:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=re...RGsk6--OQQSbSA

it only misses one step, you have to take off the side panels to get to the top two screws on the head unit console... youll figure that part out yourself (like i did)

other good things to know, the cover over the clock slides OUT, not up, i didnt break mine, but it kinda looks weird and i have to prop it for a while so it will re-bend itself. grab the back of it with fingernails or something and pull out, its hard the first time, but not so hard after that. YOU HAVE TO PULL HARD, YOU WILL NOT BREAK ANYTHING!

anyway, the only integration where you don't give up the AMAZING sattelite radio that i know of...

/END

pm me with questions...

Old 11-26-2007, 07:02 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks for letting everyone know.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
were you still able to use your steering wheel controls?

Old 11-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by jthomas_50
were you still able to use your steering wheel controls?
i can use volume and change to the SR2 input (which it uses), but the ipod controls are used for everything else, im getting a proclip, but i like the ipod interface better than the stock head unit anyways.

Old 07-27-2008, 05:21 PM
ttt, still working strong and was an easy install, (plug and play), this is worth every penny!

Old 08-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The auction lists that it will dispaly the Song title/text on the head unit, is this true?

Old 09-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by G35-Jat
The auction lists that it will dispaly the Song title/text on the head unit, is this true?
no it will not do this, the model i have doesnt at least, but they might have updated it since.