Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

I'm locked out of my car WITH my keys!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm locked out of my car WITH my keys!!!!!!

I have my keys on me but for some reason my car won't unlock. I have an aftermarket Viper alarm and I figured I'd auto start it to see if that will jog anything loose but it didn't. My headlights are on auto and I've shut my car off and now the headlights won't even turn off. I can't pop open the trunk either. No, it has nothing to do with the alarm, I've had the alarm for almost 3 years and this is the first time this has ever happened to me. I can't even unlock my car with the key becuase I have the cover on my driver side door. I don't even have a screw driver to pop it loose and I park in a garage at work and literally have no light. Can things get any worse? Oh well, waiting for AAA now.

Last edited by Mike_Deezy; 12-10-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:27 AM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
I see these problems alot with aftermarket alarms, i use to work at a stereo shop. I myself had the same problem with a viper alarm, my car also wouldnt even remote start after a i thought things couldn't get any worse. I then use my stock alarm to unlock the car, that worked. I use to always tell my customers and friends to keep the stock alarm on the keychain along with the others just incase your aftermarket alarm goes nuts. If you dont think its your alarm then you should get it check, but by the way you're telling me its your viper in my opinion. Keep us updated

Old 12-11-2007, 11:59 AM
The AAA tow truck guy that came was NO help at all. I ended up popping off the key hole cover with a small flat head screwdriver he had and I opened the car with my key. But of course when I opened it, the stock alarm went off. I thought that the stock alarm will automatically disarm itself if you unlock it with the key, doesn't it? But it eventually went off after awhile. I noticed that I can lock the doors with the remote, but can't unlock it. It would remain lock no matter how many times I press the unlock button. I got home late from work last night so I couldn't take off the door panel to look at it, but as of right now it's parked in my parking garage at work unlocked. This is just weird.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Alarm buddy.....disconnect your viper alarm and use your stock one! I go through this everytime with the damn customer. If you dont beleive its the alarm then fine, if it isnt then i apoligize but im pretty sure its the alarm. I switch to clifford remote start now after this incident, had it installed by a different installer (that really matters). Aftermarket alarm WILL ALWAYS have problems, you just dont know where and when it will show up.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by G35Rider92649
Alarm buddy.....disconnect your viper alarm and use your stock one! I go through this everytime with the damn customer. If you dont beleive its the alarm then fine, if it isnt then i apoligize but im pretty sure its the alarm. I switch to clifford remote start now after this incident, had it installed by a different installer (that really matters). Aftermarket alarm WILL ALWAYS have problems, you just dont know where and when it will show up.
It would now occur after being on the car for 2+ years? I'll check it out, doesn't hurt. Thanks.

Old 12-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Yes! 2 years! Sounds funny but its true, my viper went coo coo on me after 1 year, it fixed it self and after 1 1/2 years it went nuts and i had to disconnect the brain. Only if you were local, ill have my buddy (my tech at the shop) check it out for you. Alarms always will eventually cause problems in my opinion, i always keep that in mind but i would never tell the customer that, i got to make commission man; thats honest. But for the G riders i say everything, but seriously i think its your alarm, if not than i only tried to help. Yeah it wont hurt to check it out, look into it.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
if you had your oem alarm. all you had to do was hold down the unlock button i believe and your windows would have rolled down..

Old 12-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by mixturepinoy
if you had your oem alarm. all you had to do was hold down the unlock button i believe and your windows would have rolled down..
Yeah they would've but I didn't have my OEM key fob on me, I was at work.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Go with the good ol' dayz where you use a hanger to unlock from the inside! Which brings back a memory.. My sister's G35 (which is now MINE) got locked and she left the car keys inside. Thats when I became the hero and used the HANGER! Works all the time, unless you are using BMW's, etc.. Where the locks are on the center console.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
solve the problem yet? if your stock fob still work with the car, you can always use the method ' hold unlock botton ' till the windows are down....unlock botton right? cant' remmeber.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Problem has not been solved yet. I can use the original key fob to roll down the windows and unlock it that way, but when I do the stock alarm goes off. No matter now many times I press the unlock button on the OEM key fob, it will not disarm the alarm.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pop the hood and disconnect battery? never have experience with this kinda problem, that's the first solution comes to mind...