Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

iPod album cover artwork displayed on screen?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPod album cover artwork displayed on screen?

I was wondering if there is any double din head unit that display the album cover artwork when an iPod is connected to it. I was thinking about getting the alpine w205 and I know it uses the ipod calbe connection (fullspeed) but I know that's only for connection with audio no video output. Is there any radio double din that's able to do this? Just thought it would be nice if it was able to display the album cover just like on the iPod itself.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:38 PM
There are no double din units on the market right now that display the album artwork from the iPod. There is however a single din unit made by Alpine that does. It's the iDA-X001. It has a small screen the mimics fairly closely the iPod screen, but again, does not do video.

Look for something like a double din unit that does in the new year. CES(consumer electronics show) in Vegas is coming up in a few days when all the manufacturers introduce all their latest products, so this may be something that will show up in some products. I know Alpine is supposed to be releasing some tricked-out double din unit that is supposed to be similar to the Pioneer Z2 so who knows what this beast will have in it. We'll know in a few days. I know I would sure like to see an interface that mimics the iPod screen on my W200-similar device.

EDIT: just found out some new info....Alpine's new double-din head unit is called the IVA-W505 and is a sweet unit. It will feature a 7" touch WVGA display, full iPod control including video this time, album artwork display, Blackbird PMD-B200 portable navigation internal dock, as well as a host of other cool stuff. This will definatly be my replacement to my W200 once it's available! This unit looks sooooo good!

Last edited by harder1; 01-03-2008 at 04:22 AM.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Yup, I was just about to post this but you beat me to it. I will be holding off til this comes out, which is somewhere in the spring. Perfect, everything I was looking for until something else comes up, lol.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Yeah, here is a thread I started on the new W505 due to be announced on the 9th of January......https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/195648-new-alpine-iva-w505-7-double-din-headunit.html