Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G35x purchase help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35x purchase help

Hello, Im new here but have been browsing the forum for a few months. I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the different information and need some advice/help on which year I should purchase. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

My wife and myself are planning on purchasing a weekend/vacation only car around mid-June. I am torn between the 2005 and 2007 g35x. The decison is hinged on the audio/video options. I definitely want a display positioned roughly where the stock nav unit is so the people in the back can watch and the shifter is not in the way. I'll list what I like and dislike about each year. Maybe you can point me in the right direction.

On one hand I could get a 2005 for around $20-$22k with 30-45k mileage. I like the motorized navigation but hate the way the stereo display looks (I'm picky I know). Do you think for around 4k I could purchase and have the following installed: the double din aluminum console, reverse camera, better speakers, all in one dvd gps unit, spolier etc to deck it out like I want. I like the motorized navigation unit so is there a single din adapter with motorized monitor that would fit in the upper center console where the stock motorized navigation unit is normally located or even a just a motorized screen similar to the stock that could be installed for dual video displays.

On the other hand I truly love the exterior and interior of the 2007 much more than the 2005 and I could purchase a high mileage (30-45k) 2007 for around $25-$26k. it will be a weekend car so that mileage defecit will eventually balance out. Here are the questions I have. Is it true that you must install a switch for the auxiallry video input to work. If so how long does it take for the gps to recover when the switch is turned on and then back off? Is there any other bypass to this that doesnt affect the gps or system functions?(yes I'm aware of the danger of watching movies while in motion. It's for my family on long trips). Does the 2007 come with a reverse camera? How is the stereo? I guess this all boils down to the value and functionality of the 2007 navigation/stereo. Basically I want to get the best bang for my buck and have a decked out fun car to drive. I hope I this makes sense. Thanks.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So i found the answer to several questions and thank you all for your help. I have not found any way to add a backup camera to the 2007 unit, which means I would get it stock and those are around $34k right now which is about $10k more than what I could get a 2005 and deck it out. So how about this question. Is the bose stereo any good at all or should I just put in my own and I'm still trying to find an upper console display if anyone has suggestions.