Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

help.... I have no clue what to do

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help.... I have no clue what to do

I just installed a dd kit and a avic d3 headunit, speakers in doors and 4080 box in trunk.. during the install, I don't know what went wrong but now i can't use any of the door button (windows or locks). When i use my remote the locks work fine... also my trunk release in the car isn't working... but once again with the remote it works fine.... Any clue what this could be..????? I'm lost i checked to make sure i hooked up everything... And one more weird thing.. the passenger side window controls will allow me to put the window down but not up... I'm lost please help b/c It's freezing here and i can't drive with the windows open... PLEASE HELP

Old 02-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Check that the window switches are clipped in all the way on the door panels and that all of the other connectors are clipped in as well.

Regarding the trunk release button, make sure the three switches on the panel under the steering wheel are connected.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thnaks..

okay i got the windows to work, but the trunk release still won't work.. but it works when i use the remote... I checked the connection under the dash and its connected fine... any other clips to check more towards the trunk, since i did take the whole trunk out to add some edead sound proofing...

Also gilley did you connect the parking brake wire up? I think it's the light green one from the D3 harness... If so did you have to take the middle console out to reach the wires

Last edited by MICKSKILLZ; 02-16-2008 at 03:46 PM. Reason: add info
Old 02-17-2008, 08:58 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't have a D3 so I don't know anything about its wiring.