Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

No Power to passenger door

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Power to passenger door

Hey everybody I just installed new speakers and ran new wires in my door and now I dont have any power to the passenger side door panel no locks no window up and down and the window doesnt go up when door shuts. You also cant roll the passenger window up using driver side window switch. Everything else throughout the car works fine. Can someone point me in the direction of the fuse that cotrols that or any other suggestions.?

Old 03-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
There's a plug that attaches to the panel that has the door lock and window roll up/down switch. Is that plugged in all the way? If it's not getting power, that whole side won't work.

Secondly, when you do get it running, make sure you hold the windowswitch in the "up" direction and hold it so that the motor will re-learn the upper stop point. This will make your window "unseal" and "seal" properly when the door is opened or closed. There's a black plastic button looking thing on the inside of the door sill that is depressed when the door is closed that closes the window gap. You can always push that to check if the window is working.

good luck!

Old 03-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Yep, check the switch connections. It has happened to me before.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:33 PM
i have unplugged the switch and plugged it in numerous times I have also used a test light and there is not power to any of the pins on the switch. I do not know what else to do besides check the fuse. I dont think it would be possible that the pins are bent on the connector between door and frame upon reconnecting because it would be hard to connect that way but it has crossed my mind.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Did you check the plugs for both doors?

Old 03-07-2008, 10:50 PM
no.... I didnt think that would matter since the driver door is fully functioning.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:00 AM
BTW, you don't have to remove the doot panel to check the switches. The switched will usually pull out of the door panel with is still mounted on the door.