Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Confused about ipod integration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Confused about ipod integration

Ok so I have read just about everything about the integration and I still have a few questions.

1. With the usa spec pa11-nis you can still use your ipod like normal. As in not use the steering wheel buttons but use the clickwheel. Is this correct?

2. If I buy the usa spec pa11-nis can I then hook up TVandNav2Go and watch the movies I have on my ipod. Do these two items work together?

Thank you for your help. I'm an electronics noob.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1. yes. you can use either or. myself i choose an album with the ipod and use the steering wheel controls to skip tracks. or shuffle all and skip tracks with the steering wheel. but you can use the ipod just as if you had earphones on.

2. im 99% sure the usa spec DOES NOT have video out through the connector. if you play a video it will only play on the ipod and the audio will be through the stereo. BUT i THINK it is possible to use the headphone jack to rca cables and play it that way. but now you have wires to the top and bottom of your ipod, depending on where you put the ipod, it could look messy. for me thats to many wires. If you are good and wiring or soldering you can try to open the usa spec connector and find the video out pins and solder new wires to rca plug. and run that to the TVand Nav2Go.

good luck.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok thank you for your help. This ipod stuff is confusing lol. I read almost everything there was to read but couldn't get a clear answer.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:40 PM
ya, there is lots of info and not enough detailed info. i'm still confused about the nissan ipod thing. but since i have this one, im not going to figure that out.

Oh one thing. for me the ipod connector feels cheap so i would recommend putting some superglue on the sides to help prevent it from opening up. i broke the original one mine came (my fault tho). But if you happen to break yours, call usa spec and they will sell the cable to you for cheap. fyi

Old 03-12-2008, 10:26 PM
there is no video output or passthrough with that adapter.

if you have the dip switch on the adapter set to direct mode you can control the ipod with the steering wheel controls and still have full quickwheel control and screen function.

it works great. I would really like an adapter that could send the ipod display to the stock nav screen but from the research i have done it is possible but not easy or plug n play