Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Dont know what to do!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont know what to do!!

My 03 coupe radio component went dead...i posted a thread couple weeks back and still dont know what to do...my ac is on but cant control it and my radio wont even turn on...i asked the infiniti dealership and they told me 500+ to fix it...so i was wondering if i get a aftermarket head unit would it fix the problem or if the problem is deeper then the head unit...please help!!!

Old 03-17-2008, 08:09 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
It's most likely your head unit, since the climate controls and radio share the same circuit board, but it's impossible to tell for sure given that simple description. You could have a fault somewhere that fried the radio, and this same fault could fry the new A/C controls, unlikely as that may be.

I would just install an after-market head unit. $500 to keep the old mediocre piece of junk running is pretty expensive. I just installed a Kenwood DNX5120 to replace my broken head unit, and I'm super happy with it (I posted a thread with pics a couple of days ago).

Originally Posted by raskizzo1
My 03 coupe radio component went dead...i posted a thread couple weeks back and still dont know what to do...my ac is on but cant control it and my radio wont even turn on...i asked the infiniti dealership and they told me 500+ to fix it...so i was wondering if i get a aftermarket head unit would it fix the problem or if the problem is deeper then the head unit...please help!!!

Old 03-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Installing a DD HU with the JDM AC control will fix that problem and give you better sound.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.