Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

I cant believe I have to ask this question. 03 sedan and Bose,I just dont get it.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
I cant believe I have to ask this question. 03 sedan and Bose,I just dont get it.

OK Ill try not to rant while I type my question but im so frustrated right now. Im embarresed to ask for help on anything I do on cars its just how I am. I have never did installs on any type Bose related systems just traditional set ups. I have read this sub forum like it was my job but just cant find this answer.

Is everything I have read about Bose on this site not apply to 03? I have read in at least 20 threads the wire color chart but my 03 doesn't match up. Also this whole wires before amp and after amp is confusing because I only have one harness in my amp. I know I dont need a LOC but Im going to use one anyway because this is temporany until I get DD which may be the end of the summer so I dont want to cut my RCA's. I took some camera phone shots so maybe someone has done an 03 or newer can say either Yes its different or the same. Please help

Looking at the harness I thought they came in one side and left on the other seeing they have a sleeve on one side? But I dont think thats right.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Most of the threads address the coupe's Bose amp. The sedan Bose amp is different.

Are you just adding a sub?

Old 05-19-2008, 09:09 PM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
I was hoping you would respond I saw you commented and helped many. I think I actually got it with the help of the FSM . I found some diagrams that show the wire colors from the deck that go into the harness. Tomorrow Im gonna try to do a nice DIY for the sedan because this sub forum had almost nothing for the 03 sedan that helped. It must be different for the coupe like you said. My origional though which I thought was wrong turned out to be right lol.

I ran all new wires to all 4 doors to be powered by my JL 6 channel. No subs.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A DIY would be great!