Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

IPOD integration question - READ ME - I SEARCHED :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IPOD integration question - READ ME - I SEARCHED :)

Ok so... simple question for the gurus of interior video and sound mayhem:

What I have: 05 6mt w/ premium and NAV, Ipod video 30gig
What I want: I want to display my ipod menu onto my NAV screen. IE: when i turn on my ipod, and switch the NAV display from its default - I want my playlists / albums / videos etc to display on my nav (i know that the DLO Homelink dock or whatever has a organized display of whats on your ipod and so does the griffin one). I also want to be able to control the iPOD from my steering (presumable using a PACNIS plus for audio etc)... Now here is the question:

If i got one of the adapters i mention above (it has an ipod in and a video out along w/ RCA out for audio), and a PAC-NIS would that suffice in accomplishing what I am setting out to do? or would i also need a tvandnav2go type unit?

If i loose my steering controls, I would not mind too much (I plan on using my ipod for most of the song / artist selection)

What is the easiest way to do this? also if blue tooth can be integrated into this somehow, that would also be a plus.

I will be watching this like a hawk so hopefully someone gives me some input

Old 05-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Give Me Input!!! I Am Input Hungry!!

Old 05-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, you will need the TVandNav2Go module to connect your Ipod Video to your Nav LCD and PAC NIS for the audio.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:47 PM
I will be able to use one of them funky adapters to extract my music / artist info to my nav screen w/ the tvandnav2go?

Old 05-31-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by shabarivas
I will be able to use one of them funky adapters to extract my music / artist info to my nav screen w/ the tvandnav2go?
Can you let me know how this goes? I am looking to do the EXACT same thing you are! I really wanna do thise soon, so let me know what you find out. Also, how much everything is going to cost. Thanks!

Old 06-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Can do man... Just got the PAC-AAI-NIS2... reading up a little more on this tvandnav2go ... not sure if i need it or what.. sounds like i do... Still undecided on if I want to get one of those docks or build a miniPC or something.. eitherways... ill let you know...

... haha did you get your lights back from paul? pics pics pics

Old 06-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nope.

The tv2nav2go is only used to play music videos and play your mp3. The iPod has no way of showing the playlist with names on the screen.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Can do man... Just got the PAC-AAI-NIS2... reading up a little more on this tvandnav2go ... not sure if i need it or what.. sounds like i do... Still undecided on if I want to get one of those docks or build a miniPC or something.. eitherways... ill let you know...

... haha did you get your lights back from paul? pics pics pics
if you want to watch music videos or get a rear view camera, you will need the tv2nav2go.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Hey wally.. thanks for the input... but the DLO homelink / griffin tune center will take care of sending a video which includes the music info / artist info etc... so basically my set up will be:

IPOD audio -> Ipod dock audio out -> PAC-NIS -> Stock head unit ... AND ...
IPOD video -> Ipod dock video out -> tvNav2go -> Stock Navi

my question is... do i need the tvnav2go here? whats its purpose? is it just a video / audio switch? or does it interface with the factory harnesses in some other way? basically... if i wanted to watch videos on my stock navi screen is there a way to do it direct form the pod? or do i need to go thru the tvandnav2go unit... also where do i order this tvandnav2go from? thanks guys for the time and effort.. this is what truly makes this site worth spending my life over

Old 06-05-2008, 08:00 PM
dso
sc ,.

Last edited by dso; 06-05-2008 at 08:07 PM. Reason: it posted twice
Old 06-05-2008, 08:02 PM
dso
This unit (TVandNav2Go) is a direct connect to the factory harness.
It gives you two video inputs and one video output.The pac s unit
is only for audio.Theres also another unit that allows you to control
the ipod through the radio buttons.TVandNav2Go.com

Old 06-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Hey wally.. thanks for the input... but the DLO homelink / griffin tune center will take care of sending a video which includes the music info / artist info etc... so basically my set up will be:

IPOD audio -> Ipod dock audio out -> PAC-NIS -> Stock head unit ... AND ...
IPOD video -> Ipod dock video out -> tvNav2go -> Stock Navi

my question is... do i need the tvnav2go here? whats its purpose? is it just a video / audio switch? or does it interface with the factory harnesses in some other way? basically... if i wanted to watch videos on my stock navi screen is there a way to do it direct form the pod? or do i need to go thru the tvandnav2go unit... also where do i order this tvandnav2go from? thanks guys for the time and effort.. this is what truly makes this site worth spending my life over
I've never heard of the griffin tune center

like dso said in his post, the tvandvan2go has 2 video inputs which connects to the back of the stock headunit. Without it, you'll have no feed to the stock nav screen to watch anything.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:20 AM
OK...been reading everything. Here is what i would like to know.

What is the easiest way to make my ipod shuffle play songs in my car? Its an 03 coupe, with bose/navi. Has the sat button, and i think i already checked, and it has the pre wired sat. What do i need to make my ipod work with this? Also, can i get my ipod to show up on my nav? I dont need the video, but of what song is playing, etc, would be nice.

P.S Yea, i got my lights back. Look sick! Love them! May have to have him add another part to the clearance strip to make them more visible, other than that, i love it! haha. I have been slacking, and need to take pics. Just been so busy with getting to the NYPD police academy. That, and JUST got my camera back from a lazy family member!

Old 06-06-2008, 02:05 AM
<--12 More Years

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think there is a way to get song playing text, or menu from the ipod on the NAV display. But I could be wrong. The Nav2go unit is simply like an RCA input to your screen, it will play whatever you feed it. So I'm guessing if you have an Ipod video, the videos can be display if you set the iPod to tv out (for audio you will need to connect RCAs to the PAC AUX port). The NAV2go unit is for sale at www.tvandnav2go.com The PAC interface is your audio source using the CD changer port, and yes you can control the ipod from the steering wheels controls when is connected through the dock connector, or from the iPod itself on direct mode.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by RedG
I don't think there is a way to get song playing text, or menu from the ipod on the NAV display. But I could be wrong. The Nav2go unit is simply like an RCA input to your screen, it will play whatever you feed it. So I'm guessing if you have an Ipod video, the videos can be display if you set the iPod to tv out (for audio you will need to connect RCAs to the PAC AUX port). The NAV2go unit is for sale at www.tvandnav2go.com The PAC interface is your audio source using the CD changer port, and yes you can control the ipod from the steering wheels controls when is connected through the dock connector, or from the iPod itself on direct mode.
Thats exactly why I want to use the griffin tunecenter or the DLO homedock or whatever... when connected to your ipod they have their own interface which outputs your ipod's music contents to your screen...

Can someone confirm that you can use the tvNav2go ALONG with the PAC-AAI-NIS2 (Both these units seem to plug into the factory HU... is it at different locations or something? or do they connect into each other?)

Thanks guys... ill keep you updated... im definitely seeing this one through

Last edited by shabarivas; 06-06-2008 at 02:32 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: IPOD integration question - READ ME - I SEARCHED :)