Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Trying to do an aftermarket amp/subs install for the coupe...got a question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 05:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trying to do an aftermarket amp/subs install for the coupe...got a question.

I've done plenty of searching on this site as well as other sites and did me no good for what I am looking for.

Basically I am trying to install a Kicker amp and 2 12"s in the G. I have the amp kit with a PAC converter and I believe thats all I need to do this install. I just need to know which and where the wires are that I splice/tap into for the PAC converter. Also, do I need to run the remote wire from amp to the stock Head Unit? I have an 04 svt Cobra and the install for it was simple because the speakers and amps were right behind the seats on top. I figure you guys would know! Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Last edited by Screamin Cobra; 07-04-2008 at 05:57 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:46 AM
I'm assuming reading this that you have the stock HU? Do you have Bose system? If so, this post should help: https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...light=bose+amp

I'm not sure what a PAC converter is but if you have the stock Bose system you need to tap into the wires off the amp in the trunk. If I'm totally off here sorry LOL.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by cRaCKwHoRe
I'm assuming reading this that you have the stock HU? Do you have Bose system? If so, this post should help: https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...light=bose+amp

I'm not sure what a PAC converter is but if you have the stock Bose system you need to tap into the wires off the amp in the trunk. If I'm totally off here sorry LOL.
Yes, stock head unit, stock bose system, speakers, amps, etc. All stock. Just adding an amp and sub. Thanks for reply, will check out link.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:59 PM
acr
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm guessing you're referring to a PAC Line Out Converter. You don't really need it for the install. All you have to do is splice RCAs into the factory speaker wiring at the BOSE amp. The PAC SHOULD work, but it's unnecessary since the signal you're tapping into is already low level.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by acr
I'm guessing you're referring to a PAC Line Out Converter. You don't really need it for the install. All you have to do is splice RCAs into the factory speaker wiring at the BOSE amp. The PAC SHOULD work, but it's unnecessary since the signal you're tapping into is already low level.
Oh alright, I'll just use the pics in that thread. What about the remote wire?
Thanks for the help guys.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
The audio signal from the Bose HU is low line level before it enters the Bose amp, so no LOC is needed, as acr stated.

There is a sticky thread titled "DIY: Add a sub to your Bose equipped G35 Coupe" that will show you how. https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/101293-diy-add-sub-your-bose-equipped-g35-coupe.html