Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

anyone using ZUNE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
anyone using ZUNE

in their car like they do ipod? Is it the same kit requirement to get this to work.

Old 07-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gtbigup01
in their car like they do ipod? Is it the same kit requirement to get this to work.
Zune? *gag*

ok, I'm done.

No, the iPod kit is not compatible with the Zune. Hence the reason why nobody has a Zune. Same idea, just different implementation.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Any of the iPod adapters that use RCA inputs will work with the Zune, but iPod only adapters won't.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Gilley
Any of the iPod adapters that use RCA inputs will work with the Zune, but iPod only adapters won't.
ok thanks. I'll give it a try.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by lancer
Zune? *gag*

ok, I'm done.

No, the iPod kit is not compatible with the Zune. Hence the reason why nobody has a Zune. Same idea, just different implementation.
Hey you!!! be nice, I love my Zune, but damn I wish i had an Ipod. Why did Bill have to be so different and offer a product that's incompatible with everything, oh I get it. So he can become richer, silly me

Old 07-31-2008, 03:12 PM
It's a snowball effect, the ipods became popular and nobody makes accessories for other PMPs resulting in the ipod becoming even more popular.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm sorry but I hate Ipod and all their DRM crap... Zune too... That is why all my MP3 players end up being IRiver, Cowon, Creative, etc... Why don't cars come with simple USB connectors instead. Read your MP3 players for what they are... portable drives that happen to have music. What would be even better is a USB 4 pack where I can play music from my MP3 Player and plugin my phone and charge it, and still have 2 to spare.

Luckily I just got a 32gig flashcard for my car to play all my music off of it.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by cpnichols
I'm sorry but I hate Ipod and all their DRM crap... Zune too... That is why all my MP3 players end up being IRiver, Cowon, Creative, etc... Why don't cars come with simple USB connectors instead. Read your MP3 players for what they are... portable drives that happen to have music. What would be even better is a USB 4 pack where I can play music from my MP3 Player and plugin my phone and charge it, and still have 2 to spare.

Luckily I just got a 32gig flashcard for my car to play all my music off of it.
Okay, before you start a flame war here, keep in mind that DRM is actually required by the "big 4" music companies, not Apple. Steve Jobs had a big rant on why DRM is retarded and why he'd rather not have to have iTunes developers keep coming up with new encryption schemes to keep from getting fined when people create DRM removers for their mp4 files.

Exhibit 1 :

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughtsonmusic/

\thread

Old 07-31-2008, 04:13 PM
That is fine Lancer... I understand what you are saying...

But I can plug in my MP3 player into my computer and it looks like a HD (which it is) and I can dag and drop files from a file browser window to the player just like anything else. I can also buy music from Amazon at a very reasonable price and have no DRM on it and I don't have to pay extra to have it removed. If DRM's are such a hassle for Apple, should we not have to pay less for them to not have it on there?

Bottom line for me... I don't want an Ipod in my car if I can avoid it... Just to be back on subject somewhat...

Old 07-31-2008, 04:23 PM
I think there was also some explanation as to why an iPod isn't formatted like a plain old hdd, otherwise they would become a massive instrument of piracy, if you were able to offload your entire 160 gigs of music by just plugging it in and copying it over to your computer... I see why they did that, but I agree it is less than ideal.
I believe 1 out of the 4 companies lets Apple license music without DRM, hence the small selection of DRM-free music. I'm not sure if the DRM-free music is negotiated at a higher cost to Apple, or if they choose to mark it up more, but it is an interesting question.

You can have whatever media player you want, of course, I'm not trying to tell you what to buy. I'm guilty of being a long time Apple fanboy , and it's a misconception that the DRM thing is designed to lock you into buying music off iTunes.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:42 PM
Oh trust me... I am sure Apple would love to get rid of DRM, but it the whole thing about ipods not acting like a normal HD is because of piracy is a bit of BS. Pretty much all the other player (minus the Zune) act like HD and they are perfectly legal. It has more into being tied to Ipod once you have one.... there is no turning back. Ipods and Itunes control all your music and you can't turn back... unless you hack it of course. Since you love their product you are in luck and you don't need to worry about it.

On another note... my 32 gig flashcard just came in.... transferring all my music to it for the car. Hope the car will read it.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:04 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
None of my music has DRM.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:30 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Gilley
None of my music has DRM.
Me too... My Zune 80 is 95% full, and is 100% DRM-free!

Old 07-31-2008, 10:38 PM
I use a zune. I have the ipod hype. Now there is nothing good out there for it, but it gets the job done. I just put it on random and use an aux input I installed.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:08 AM
I caved in and bought an Ipod for the G35, I had a very nice Meizu that works perfect with awesome sound quality but chose convenience. I really do wish other mp3 players were controllable from the headunit like the ipod is :-(

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: anyone using ZUNE