Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Questions for Compustar Installers/Dealers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Questions for Compustar Installers/Dealers

I'm looking for some answers to the following questions regarding the compustar P2WSS-AS and the 2WSS-AS. I am looking at both of those models and am going to be doing the install myself.

1. What specifc extras will I need to do the install (key bypasses, relays, etc)?

2. Anything in particular about the G I need to be aware of that is not standard about the installation (crazy locking scheme, CAN bus messing with things, etc)?

3. Is the Pro series worth the extra money over the standard?

4. Where is the best place to purchase the system?
So far, I've found the 2WSS-AS for $255 at autotoys.com and the P2WSS-AS for $300 at bicostereo.com. If any dealers want to hook me up with a deal, that'd be great

Anyone out there with some or all of the answers, I'd appreciate a response!

Old 08-25-2008, 10:47 AM
Bump!

Old 08-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've installed compustar/viper/autostart alarm starters and among the 3 of them, I like the autostart then viper. from consumer's perspective I like and have a viper in my G.

The pro versions are the exact same really. I think you get the same range.

As for the install. Everything is laid out pretty well in the G other than having to go into the door to connect the door locks - actually sorry that's in the coupe I just looked at your sig and saw you have an X. I'll have to check my resources to see if you still have to go in the door.

As for bypasses there's a couple different companies you can use. If you go with Idatalink you can get a module that more or less will plug right into the alarm brain. Here's a link to the page. you may be able to order the module directly from them: http://www.idatalink.com/product_page.asp
OR another option is that if you want you can put your spare key into a Directed bypass called the 556U hide it underneath the dash and there's no programming needed. The only wires you need to hook up are power ground and ground-when-running.

Just a heads up to other people who may be installing on an 03/04 coupe. door locks are connected at the switch in the door and you have to toss a relay and diode isolate some wires as well as use aux channels to get your windows to roll up and down.

If you have any questions drop me a msg.

Old 08-25-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by TroysG
I've installed compustar/viper/autostart alarm starters and among the 3 of them, I like the autostart then viper. from consumer's perspective I like and have a viper in my G.

The pro versions are the exact same really. I think you get the same range.

As for the install. Everything is laid out pretty well in the G other than having to go into the door to connect the door locks - actually sorry that's in the coupe I just looked at your sig and saw you have an X. I'll have to check my resources to see if you still have to go in the door.

As for bypasses there's a couple different companies you can use. If you go with Idatalink you can get a module that more or less will plug right into the alarm brain. Here's a link to the page. you may be able to order the module directly from them: http://www.idatalink.com/product_page.asp
OR another option is that if you want you can put your spare key into a Directed bypass called the 556U hide it underneath the dash and there's no programming needed. The only wires you need to hook up are power ground and ground-when-running.

Just a heads up to other people who may be installing on an 03/04 coupe. door locks are connected at the switch in the door and you have to toss a relay and diode isolate some wires as well as use aux channels to get your windows to roll up and down.

If you have any questions drop me a msg.
You have a PM