Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

'08 Sedan Nav Hardware

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 Sedan Nav Hardware

I'm fairly sure that Infiniti uses SoC (system-on-chip) to run the interface for nav, a/c, radio, bluetooth. Now, coming from the computer world I know that there musy be ports via which an external device can communicate (maybe usb, or OBD port). Also they must have some operating system loading either residing in flash memory, or loading from hdd. Does anyone know what kind of hardware they use? I've googled a lot, but couldn't come up with the right keywords.

Help appriciated.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rroyter
I'm fairly sure that Infiniti uses SoC (system-on-chip) to run the interface for nav, a/c, radio, bluetooth. Now, coming from the computer world I know that there musy be ports via which an external device can communicate (maybe usb, or OBD port). Also they must have some operating system loading either residing in flash memory, or loading from hdd. Does anyone know what kind of hardware they use? I've googled a lot, but couldn't come up with the right keywords.

Help appriciated.
I would love to know what you find. My guess is that the "updates" come via the flashcard reader. But that can't really be a port. I think based on a few comments, there is a need for a rom update soon on these guys.