G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video & Electronics (https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-20/)
-   -   Help - Compact Flash says "No Audio Files" (https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/241626-help-compact-flash-says-no-audio-files.html)

deano51 08-30-2008 12:00 PM

Help - Compact Flash says "No Audio Files"

Trying to use the CF on my 07 G35S for the first time. Bought a Kingston 2GB CF card and transferred a variety of MP3 files to it. They playback perfectly on other computers. When I insert it in the G, it recognnizes that a card is inserted, but all I get is "No Audio Files".

Contacting Infiniti Customer Service was a huge waste of time. The agent did not even know what a compact flash was! After educating her, she transferred me to Rockford-Fosgate, where I spoke with a very knowledgeable guy, but all R-F did was design the system, not manufacture it. arrgh

I would really appreciate any suggestions that you have for figuring this out, especially if you have experienced and overcome the problem yourself.

Thanks a million!
Roger

coolguy8157 08-30-2008 12:38 PM

What format are the songs you have on the CF ? I believe it will play mp3, wav etc., Also I would suggest you format the CF with FAT32 before you add the music.....Hope this helps!

deano51 09-02-2008 10:58 PM

Thanks coolguy. The files on the CF are MP3 and I even put some with different bit rates. Still no go. I then played around with formatting. Tried FAT format, then loaded the files and put it in the dash. It recognized the names of the files briefly then back to the "no audio file." So, I tried FAT32 again, this time selecting "eject" from my computer before removing the card. This time the G displayed the filenames but I could not get them to play at all.

Does anyone else have suggestions? My next stop may be taking it to the dealer.

Thanks

coolguy8157 09-02-2008 11:07 PM

Yep...it looks like you need a trip to the dealer.... I havn't heard anyone having issues with the CF yet....well you never know..

mark5 03-15-2010 04:35 PM

did you figure this out??

deano51 03-15-2010 07:24 PM

Yes, I did figure this out, but not without some serious head scratching. I took it into the dealer with my recorded compact flash. They confirmed the problem and said they tried my CF card in another car and it worked. (not sure they really did this, as you'll see.) So, they replaced the entertainment unit and my card worked... for awhile. It would play for a few minutes and then stop.

So, I purchased a 1GB card, as low tech as I could find, and it has worked perfectly ever since. Makes me wonder whether the car system was defective or not. Go figure.

Hope this helps.

mark5 03-15-2010 09:17 PM

so you think a 2 gig is too much?

deano51 03-16-2010 11:32 AM

When I first tried to troubleshoot the problem, my research showed many users had success with 2GB cards. While I have not tried another 2GB card, my guess is that the one I was using was incompatible for some reason. BTW, the 2GB card works fine on all my PCs.

I assume you're experiencing a similar problem. If so, my suggestion is to try a 1GB card that is not advertised as incorporating some kind of ultra-fast technology. In other words, try the simple, cheap kind.

mark5 03-16-2010 11:46 AM

If I have songs with titles that are in different fonts (korean), will they show up?

deano51 03-16-2010 01:06 PM

Mark, I'm afraid I'm tapped out on my knowledge of the system. I think you can download a user's guide frome Infiniti.

mark5 03-16-2010 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by deano51 (Post 4955454)
Mark, I'm afraid I'm tapped out on my knowledge of the system. I think you can download a user's guide frome Infiniti.

deano thanks!!

saskicker32 04-05-2010 05:28 PM

My dad's 09 G37 is using a 2 Gig compact flash, (believe it's sandisk) and it works A ok, as long as it's in FAT32 format, any other format will say "no audio files" just like your original problems