Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jvc Kw-nx7000

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 01:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Jvc Kw-nx7000

Anyone have the JVC KW-NX7000? Looks very simlar function and looks to the Kenwood DNX8120...any reviews of the JVC model?

Old 10-31-2008, 03:35 PM
Received 275 Likes on 122 Posts
yo what's up, I just picked on up from sonicelectronix.com installing it this weekend. Their prices are nice got it for 899.99 and they sell the metra DD kit as well but i have the JDM kit from Infiniti of Riverside and they give you everything you need like the nissan harness if you have the Bose system and the antenna adapter for of course a little extra cash. I'll let you know if it's a good setup or not

Old 10-31-2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks, yeah please let me know, I was thinking of buying from same place.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what mapping software does it use... i took a quick look but couldnt tell.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:52 PM
I think its Navteq (sp?)

Old 11-04-2008, 07:26 AM
Hi,
New to the thread, this is my first post. Just got an 06 g35 coupe, and I've used this forum to find info on aftermarket installs...very very helpful! I just bought the same model for $899, currently waiting on a few more pieces.

List of Items:
JVC KW-NX7000 + JVC KS-BTA200 (Bluetooth Adapter)
JDM Kit (Riverside Infiniti)
PAC SWI-JACK (Crutchfield)
Wire Harness (Crutchfield)
Antenna Adapter (Crutchfield)

I hope I'm not missing anything. I've read mostly good reviews, but supposedly searching for songs with the iPod is really slow. The biggest selling point for me was the detachable faceplate since I park in some sketchy neighborhoods. Debating whether to cough up extra cash for the JVC KS-U20 in order to watch iPod video or simply use DVDs. Hopefully I can post pics in two weeks!

Old 11-04-2008, 12:42 PM
yeah big plus is the detachable face but one thing I dont like is that the unit seems to stick out a bit b/c of this feature....id like to see it on a G before buying it. When do you plan to do the install? Post pics.
My main reason for DD was to get GPS since I get lost in my own neighborhood but now rethinking that maybe I should just get a garmin stand alone, id hate to put a nice HU in and have some dumba$$ break into car to take it...BTW I live in Los Angeles, so it happens often here.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:24 PM
i'll admit, the navi/video/mp3 capabilities is just an ego booster. i worked extremely hard to finally buy a G, so constantly detaching the faceplate won't be a problem (i did it religiously with my old car). if you can live with the portable garmin device, i have nothing but respect for you. i'm just extremely picky. the most important thing is we both have the privilege to drive a beautiful car. anyway, the final pieces should arrive Nov 7 or 10 so expect pics by next week. just holding the faceplate in my hand, i can see what you mean about it sticking out. hopefully the installers can address this issue. wish me luck.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Install Pictures

Hi,
Here are the pictures for the JVC KW-NX7000 in a 2006 6MT G35 as promised. I tried to capture how far the faceplate sticks out. Also note, there was some space at the bottom of the JDM kit. The bottom part of the plastic black frame that came with the head unit was used to fill in the gap. Please no questions about how to do the install, I had a shop do the dirty work. I'm still learning the basic functions and overall, I'm loving it. Thank you to the contributors of this forum for all the information!

ready to detach

note the black plastic piece at the bottom to fill in the gap

Old 11-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
looks very nice, how do you like the unit over all?

I was in a debate between this unit and the Kenwood 8120.

I got the 8120 but just wondering about the function and such

Old 11-10-2008, 03:06 AM
so far i'm having lots of fun with it. my key needs were: detachable, ipod, bluetooth, navi, dvd player. i had to buy the bluetooth and ipod video add ons; because of that, it might be more expensive than the kenwood. the response time is really slow with the ipod, but i can still find an album during a stop light. people i've called tell me the bluetooth sound is very clear. navi is awesome and straightforward, similar to my old portable magellan but with a slightly slower processing time for searching POIs. the text-to-speech custom greeting feature is hilarious, i can't say some of the phrases i've tried but i have to remember to delete them when my niece and nephews ride in my car. so far i haven't figured out how to customize the background, so i'm limited to only a few conservative but decent wallpapers. overall, it's met all my requirements. i'm sure the kenwood is great but again, my main need was the detachable faceplate because of my neighborhood.

Old 11-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Hey iiyCeMann, thanks for pics and your thoughts, the unit still appeals to me b/c of the detachable face. I do wish it was a little more recessed but its not bad at all.

How well does the GPS work? Anything you are not happy about the unit? Is the ipod interface nice and/or is the speed too slow?

Old 04-21-2009, 11:50 PM
thx for the pics! I am looking to get the same unit in the same exact car. I had a question, did the installation of this unit render your steering wheel buttons (phone, mode, volume, track) useless? I love these buttons and I can't imagine losing them - this is the only thing stopping me!

This sounds too good to be true..

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KWNX...=detailed_info (near the bottom)

OEM Steering Wheel Remote Input: The KW-NX7000 has a steering remote control jack on the preamp output/video harness. When used with the optional SWI-JACK interface (item number 127SWIJACK), you can retain the use of your steering wheel and/or rear seat radio controls when replacing the factory head unit in select vehicles. The SWI-JACK is compatible with over 95% of the vehicles made from 1986 to the present. Compatible vehicles include many Acura, Audi, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Honda, Hummer, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercury, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Pontiac, Saab, Saturn, Suzuki, Toyota, and Volkswagen vehicles and Harley Davidson motorcycles. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to see if your vehicle is compatible.

Last edited by G35_RJ; 04-21-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:03 AM
I went with the 8120 -- mounted it so it's flush with the JDM trimplate... didn't like how it stuck out ..

Old 04-22-2009, 09:04 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_RJ
thx for the pics! I am looking to get the same unit in the same exact car. I had a question, did the installation of this unit render your steering wheel buttons (phone, mode, volume, track) useless? I love these buttons and I can't imagine losing them - this is the only thing stopping me!.
you will lose the phone button if your upgrade no matter what.
The volume,mode and track can be "wired" in using the PAC parts adapter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jvc Kw-nx7000