Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

2008 Navi / XM / Radio Annoyances

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2008 | 05:36 PM
|

I'm trying to figure out exactly how this whole system works when it comes to the various inputs (FM, AM, XM, Disc, Compact Flash, iPod). Specifically I'm getting frustrated with the XM controls. One would think that if you clicked on the FM/AM/Sat button your would see a listing of the channels when you got to XM, but instead all that button does is change through the A/B/C presets. There doesn't appear to be a way to list XM radio stations. It's just annoying and I want to complain about it. Anyone else get annoyed by some of the common sense mistakes the Infiniti engineers have appeared to make with the system?

Overall it's a great system and a great Navi, but these little annoyances are frustrating me.

Old 11-11-2008 | 10:08 AM

Well, I would agree with you on that one, but think about it... You don't have any channel listing for the AM/FM channels either unless you program them in the presets. Its the same principal for the XM radio channels... Its not like having DTV or DishNetwork in your car. Just record your presets, takes away part of the hassles.

Old 11-11-2008 | 10:44 AM
|
Originally Posted by Proseven
Well, I would agree with you on that one, but think about it... You don't have any channel listing for the AM/FM channels either unless you program them in the presets. Its the same principal for the XM radio channels... Its not like having DTV or DishNetwork in your car. Just record your presets, takes away part of the hassles.
I think I just grew accustomed to my old XM Radio unit that had channel listings on it, you would see 6 channels scroll at a time. Oh well I just wanted to complain about it and get it off my chest, I'm living with it. Honestly the unit is great for the most part and I'm impressed with all the things it can do, but it falls short on the depth of things it can do. Such as...

When you are on FM the text can only show up in in just a little area and it only shows like 8 characters at a time.
The compact flash only has a 512 file limit.
There is no way to tune channels from the steering wheel you can only tune presets.

There are others those are just the ones I remember right now. DOMO