Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

NO SOUND!? wtf

Old 11-20-2008, 11:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NO SOUND!? wtf

ok i have a 2004 g35 coupe w/navigation, and for some reason now i get no sound out of my radio.

basically it has happened once or twice before recently, i would turn on my radio after i start my car and it would appear to be playing, i could use all the controls on my radio, however i would just get no audio. i would then turn the car off and turn it back on again, and it would work fine.

yesterday afternoon, the same thing happened, however turning the car off and on again didnt solve the problem, so throughout yesterday afternoon and through today i have a perfectly workign radio and navigation, just with absolutely no sound.

now the installation part of this equation is not a problem, as i am a mobile electronics installer by profession(still in college, not permanent) and am honestly pretty damn good at it, can do most anything electrically with a car, and have done quite a few g35's already.

the question is not how i should do anything, what i should do etc... it is just whether this is a common problem with the bose systems, and whether anyone else on this forum has had a similar problem? if so did you find it to be the bose amp that had gone bad, or was it the actual signal processor in the head unit that went bad. hopefully if this is common it could save me a lot of dissassembly and troubleshooting time, so i appreciate any input i can get.
thanks in advance.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:30 PM
Oh by the way, the reason i am asking is because i prefer not to replace anything with aftermarket goodies, so whatever has gone bad i will just be replacing with factory parts, as this is just my daily driver and i dont really want to modify it in any way(hopefully getting a c6z soon, i'll save the modding bug for that).

tnx again.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:13 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
It could be the either HU or the Bose amp. Since the display is working, my first guess is that it could be the amp.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:19 PM
No sound from speakers, HU functional.

My HU is doing the same thing. Car sat for a few days, Battery was drawn down. Had to charge it. Pulled fuse by battery, battery has not discharged. Since I have warranty I went to stealer. Reinstalled fuse, System had sound for a few minutes then went silent. They diagnosed problem as amp in trunk,
They disconnected bose amp, Battery has not drained down. New Amp to be installed soon.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:07 AM
SO any updates on this? I have same issue!

Old 02-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Yeah, see this post from a days ago:
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...-speakers.html

Short answer: Bose amp is 90% likely failed and responsible for no sound.
Quick fix: Get a used Bose amp from the marketplace.
Good fix: Replace the Bose amp with an aftermarket one.
Better fix: Replace the Bose amp and speakers.
Best Fix: Replace Bose amp, speakers and head unit.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
stupid amp, ruined my whole week

Old 02-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Where is the Bose Amp located on the G35 coupe?

Old 02-03-2010, 03:09 PM
No sound WTF

Amp is located in trunk left hand side under mat. I found an amp from a 2007 Titan that was plug n play

Old 02-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Cool, got it. Will check if it can be repaired. If not i'll buy one off ebay.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
The marketplace on this site usually has people hocking their old ones cheaper than eBay.

Don't bother repairing it.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:22 AM
oh ok cool! let me confirm if thats the issue and then i'll post up in the wanted/sale section

Old 12-09-2015, 11:47 AM
Hello all

I've got the same problem and would preffer to know if this is a problem with the amp or the head unit.

All my controls work such as audio, steering AC, etc. however when I start the car and power on the HU there is no sound although there is a display for radio or CD.

What was your solution clockwo12k? Did you fix the problem or sold the car?

Old 12-09-2015, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by clockwo12k
ok i have a 2004 g35 coupe w/navigation, and for some reason now i get no sound out of my radio.

basically it has happened once or twice before recently, i would turn on my radio after i start my car and it would appear to be playing, i could use all the controls on my radio, however i would just get no audio. i would then turn the car off and turn it back on again, and it would work fine.

yesterday afternoon, the same thing happened, however turning the car off and on again didnt solve the problem, so throughout yesterday afternoon and through today i have a perfectly workign radio and navigation, just with absolutely no sound.

now the installation part of this equation is not a problem, as i am a mobile electronics installer by profession(still in college, not permanent) and am honestly pretty damn good at it, can do most anything electrically with a car, and have done quite a few g35's already.

the question is not how i should do anything, what i should do etc... it is just whether this is a common problem with the bose systems, and whether anyone else on this forum has had a similar problem? if so did you find it to be the bose amp that had gone bad, or was it the actual signal processor in the head unit that went bad. hopefully if this is common it could save me a lot of dissassembly and troubleshooting time, so i appreciate any input i can get.
thanks in advance.
Start here

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Coupe/2004/av.pdf

I assume that you have turned up the volume control

See page AV-25 to go into test mode

Could also be a poor connection in your wiring harness?

Good luck

Telcoman

Last edited by telcoman; 12-09-2015 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:32 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the same issue only I'm not using the Bose amp. I have JL Audio 500/1 amp

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NO SOUND!? wtf