Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD Player Problems!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CD Player Problems!!!

All of a sudden today, my CD player decides to work - it keeps telling me "CD ERR FO" - what the hell does that mean? It will not let me change the CD or eject the CD - basically the CD function will not work... the sad part is that I was in for warranty work yesterday to replace my f/r brake pads... any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

2003.5 Brillant Silver G35 coupe 5AT
JDM Clear Corners, Alum. Pedals, Pro-1 Short Ram Intake, Helix SS Test Pipes, UR Crank Pulley, Custom Grounding Kit, CF Engine Cover, Kinetix Plenum (On Order)

Old 06-06-2004, 08:26 PM
Re: CD Player Problems!!!

I saw this on another forum:

Don't use CD-R with labels in the CD changer. In any case, if you get the error message "CD ERR FO" on your radio, then you have experienced a common problem. The CD player is dead at this point. Infiniti dealers are generally swapping the radio out for a refurbished one as a matter of practice. One possible solution (thanks to member Kojo62!) that has worked for at least a couple members (including me!) is to quickly & repeatedly press the eject button (if that doesn't work, also try pressing eject & load quickly). If you hear the changer start to make noises, stop and see if you can eject the CDs. Eject them and re-load them in order.

Old 06-06-2004, 09:26 PM

I have the same problem right now with my cd player...took it back to the dealer and i am just waiting for the new unit to come in (they had to 'special order' it). IMO, it's just kinda sad how we pay ~40k for a car that doesn't even have a well-built cd player. I guess it is a nissan after all.

Old 06-06-2004, 11:34 PM

denny, maybe u didnt know that japs make the best cd players in the world...

Old 06-07-2004, 07:49 AM

*** = Jewish American Princess.

I'm sure you didn't mean the Japanese People. Nah!

Lou

Old 06-07-2004, 03:01 PM

sure the japs make the best cd players in the world-I believe that they are the best in making a lot of things..but isn't Bose made in USA? As a matter of fact, all g35s are made here in the US. I could be wrong though.

Denny

Old 06-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*has XIMER in the crosshairs of my sniper rifle, waiting for an apology*

I'm having problems with my CD player too. Sometimes the left speakers are all distorted or no sound comes out of them at all. It works fine with the radio. I called the dealership, they said they ordered a new player for me.. that was 3 weeks ago. Still no sign of it. I've been really disappointed with Infiniti service. My friend has a Lexus, and they always are quick to handle his problems. They even come and pick up the car from his house! I have to drive 12 miles the nearest Infiniti dealership, then who knows how I'm getting back home or getting to work from there.

Old 06-07-2004, 11:43 PM

Long time reader, first time writer. I just registered over this message, because I'm furious with Infiniti over this. My car is 5 months old, yet I'm soon going to be on CD player number 3 (I know, I know ... I'm actually a rookie).

I don't know how they tell you the sad story, but here's what I get: "The system is made by Clarion, all we can do is replace the system again and again (and they are replacing it with another system that was sent in broken and swapped)." When I ask if they intend to come out with one that actually works (and put that in), they tell me to contact Clarion! Who the hell did we buy the car from if I forgot? Infiniti is passing the buck on this big time and I'm a first time purchaser who will never give them a dime again. First time: stupid player decides to jam (no label on CD), second time: no more sound from left speakers suddenly (I guess having the left side sound is an option). Funny how Infiniti is a company that actually misses the days of poor sales.

Here's the killer, the dealerships will agree with you on the issue, but Infiniti Corporate doesn't care (interesting that they only write Bose on the player, not Clarion ...). What's that you say? Part number 2346236423 in the car broke for the tenth time? Here's the number for ACME Co., go call them and do our job for us.

There have been so many people screwed on this, it's been posted both on g35driver, freshalloy and other sites I'm sure, but Infiniti thinks this is good for business. So how many trips till it's officially a lemon? It gets worse! I paid for the premium system and if I decided to keep the stupid car, I'll need to pay another $1000+ for an extended warranty to maintain the lemon based CD player? My Acura Legend that I traded in, had less trouble in all of it's warranty period, and very little trouble beyond that. I guess Infiniti thinks I want to stop by every 2 1/2 months and spend my Saturday with them. I really am so mad over this that I seriously want to make a web site dedicated to it. Nothing impressive with tons of pages or postings, just links to all these CD stories, so first time Infiniti buyers can ask Infiniti to put certain things in writing first. "Sure, we're right up there with Lexus", I think not.

Sorry for the lecture folks, but for all the transmission complaints you heard about on the TLs, Acura did ultimately cover them to 100,000 miles I think, not that my Legend ever had a transmission problem (115,000+ miles).

Old 07-08-2004, 06:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

but isn't Bose made in USA?

<hr></blockquote>

Bose is an American company, but practically nothing of theirs is made in the USA. Its all made in China, Taiwan, Korea, etc.

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

As a matter of fact, all g35s are made here in the US. I could be wrong though.

<hr></blockquote>

No, all G35's are made in Japan. The ONLY Infiniti made in the US is the new QX56 huge SUV, since it shares the same platform and engine with the Nissan Titan, which is also built in the US.

BTW, I have the same CD error message too (which is why I found this thread). My passenger side power window also just quit working (fortunately its stuck in the up position). [img]/w3timages/icons/mad.gif[/img] All this just happened shortly after I got some interior rattle fixed by the dealer, and my NAV system lockup straightened out with a firmware update. Car doesn't even have 8k miles yet.

Hmmm, my Chevy never had all these problems, and its a year older with twice the mileage, plus I beat the hell out of it on a regular basis.

So far, not too impressed with that "Japanese quality" that everyone's been raving about.

2003 G35C, 6MT, DG/G, Aero/Nav/Premium
2002 Corvette Z06, Electron Blue/Black

Old 07-08-2004, 10:45 AM

Actually if you mess with it you can get it out of a CD ERR F0. Try turning the radio on and off (turning the car from off to accessory with the key). On mine I got that error because it couldn't read the CD after about an hour of use. I got the deck replaced by the dealer and haven't had any sort of trouble since. As far as Japanese quality goes, I don't think Nissan has ever really been the poster child for Japanese quality like Honda or Toyota.

-- Rob