Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Iphone/Iphone 3g Compatible Navigation Systems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iphone/Iphone 3g Compatible Navigation Systems

Well someone broke into my ****ing G35 and stole my Kenwood DNX 5120. It was a pretty good $1000 Navigation/MP3 Player system that was about 80% Iphone compatible. The Navi system was a Garmin which I think is by far the best Navi software available.

Anyway the only problems I ever had was sometimes the Kenwood would have a hard time reading the Iphone. By default, once you connect your Iphone to the Kenwood system, the Iphone becomes uncontrollable you can only control it from the Navi Screen.

Sometimes the Navi wouldn't read the Ihone completely and the controls wouldn't be available on the screen. I later realized when this happened that I could control my music through my Iphone.

But I'd randomly still have issues with the Iphone disconnecting and reconnecting itself all the time (which took like 15 seconds, not that long but major music interuptions if you could imagine) Nothing major, it was always something I could work around, but paying $1000 for the unit I obviously expect it to work flawlessly, which it definitely didn't.

Anyway now that it's ****ing STOLEN, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good Navigation/CD/MP3 Player combos that both work well with the Iphone 3g and have a decent navigation system. If anyone has any good info I'd appreciate it.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
from what ive read the newest 09 lines from most major brands are gonna be iphone friendly(JVC,Pioneer,Kenwood,clarion,etc)

I have a DNX8120 and know what you mean, 90% of the time it works but sometimes it just doenst want to connect.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the new Pioneer AVIC-F90BT in my G.

With the additional tuners that are available I now have AM/FM/HD Radio/XM Satellite radio/DVD player/iPod audio and video/Navigation/Bluetooth phone - with a USB and SD card slot - oh, and Voice Activation!

All for about the same price as that Kenwood. Works (almost) flawlessly. The navi ISN'T Garmin which you said you prefer, but for me it wasn't one of the biggest deals.

Go to AVI411.com and do some research. I found that it fit my needs to a T, but you may disagree. Try and go to a shop and check one out. I heartily recommend them!

Cheers,
Kev

Old 01-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all that you get in searching on avi411.com is PR0N!

Sure that's the right link?

think you meant AVIC411.com

Old 01-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LOL! Yes, you're right - AVIC411.com!

Sorry, dude - my bad!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.