Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

my system is acting funny lately

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 04:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my system is acting funny lately

ever since i got hit from behind, my audio system has been acting kind of weird... for instance... i have boston acoustic pro 6.5 components up front, and the passenger side doesnt produce no sound at times, i have to crank my headunit up loud to get em to kick and turn on, not sure why it does this, and if i play my music at low volumes, the components on the passenger side gets cut off at times, and i would have to turn my volume up to get it to turn back on again...

my other problem is my new alpine headunit i just bought, its been acting funny, sometimes when i press the buttons to change tracks, etc, the display turns off, but its really still on and playing songs, i have to take my hand and move the face plate a lil to get the lights on the display to go back on, its weird, i cant change tracks when the display lights are off, and sometimes when i drive over bumpy roads, the display lights on my headunit turns off and on, sigh what gives? i dont think the impact from the accident did this, cause it wasnt that bad.... however my headunit did fly out from the impact at the time of the accident, (i didnt have my dash kit yet, i was eager so i had my headunit just laying there in the dash like that with nothing to secure it).... what do you guys think it could be? What i do now to fix it temporarily is to remove my faceplate and put it back on, and even so it lasts for like a lil bit and does the same thing again... sigh...

Old 06-20-2004, 03:24 PM
Re: my system is acting funny lately

Have you checked all of the connections on the back of the deck? Sounds like a loose wire. If you have another spare deck you could use/borrow, you might want to try hooking that up to see if it's the deck.

Old 06-21-2004, 12:27 AM
G35driver.com Moderator

good idea, try hooking up your stock system back up.... im sure you can do it in under 2 minutes by now [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] hehehehehe

good luck dude!

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake/AVIC-N1-double-din

Old 06-21-2004, 03:25 PM

i can help you regarding the alpine HU. Before the Double Din, i had my head unit sit where the factory nav dvd compartment at and the faceplate where the cuby at. A fine ribbon connected the faceplate to the head unit. Now i got the double din, i had to remove the ribbon cable.

Here is the problem, when ever i go over a bump. My radio will turn itself off and on. Something it doesn't even go on at all. I have to detach it and attach it again. Wiggle it a little then it will work. The reason is the contact between the faceplate and the head unit is not clean. Because i had a ribbon solder to it before, when i unsolder it, the contact still not clean. I am going to leave with it for now until it completely go south on me. When the problem arise, sometime the music still playing and no display. I have to turn off the head unit then turn it on again to get the display working. Sometime even just pressing any of the button on the head unit will cause the display to go blank.

hope that help.

g35mt

Old 06-21-2004, 08:35 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

oh man thats ghetto

how can you live like this? life on the edge, i tell ya!

did you try cleaning the area with alcohol? how about heating up the connection points with the soldering gun and then wiping off the oils and solder residue?

[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake/AVIC-N1-double-din<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by ramborami on 06/21/04 05:37 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 06-22-2004, 05:48 PM

Okay..i will try and see if that help. This is killing meeeeeeeeeeeee...heheheh..thanks for the help. Report back later.

g35mt

Old 07-01-2004, 03:24 PM

I own a Stereo Shop in Houston TX (STEREO-FX)
The problem with your system is ohm rating. Component systems usualy run between 2 to 3 ohm becuse of its seperate crossover system. This means that the head unit at times will run hot, not have any sound unless you turn it up high, make funny noises such as humming, and not to mention the death of your headunit. to fix this problem you need a 4 channel amplifier. Key word 4 channel.

G-unit on juice