Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Auxiliary Input Adapter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 03:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auxiliary Input Adapter

Hi all.

I'm choosing Auxiliary Input Adapter for my G35 coupe 2005.
I've checked out http://www.myg35mods.com/tutorials/aux/index.html, but still can't understand wich one will fit my radio? (photos are attached)

As far as I have no SAT button - I have no "factory XM or Sirius satellite-ready" and therefore i CAN'T use AAI-NIS2. Right?

Other option is PAII-NIS. In Vehicle compatibility desription it says "2004-2007 G35 Coupe and Sedans that have a button labeled CD on headunit".
I have this button. But I'm confused about the way how it is connected. Installation instruction http://usaspec.com/ipod_product_sheets/pa11-nis.pdf says, that I should have "factory pre-wire" to which head module should be connected. But I can't see my factory pre-wire...where is it?

Attached Thumbnails Auxiliary Input Adapter-img00044.jpg   Auxiliary Input Adapter-img00047.jpg  
Old 02-26-2009, 07:36 AM
well the sat radio adapter goes in the back on top of the Bose amp and basically does a plug a play. since I didn't have my factory radio for long I didn't even look into an Aux, But I did have sat radio.

After looking at the instructions, all you have to do it unplug one of the harnesses and plug that harness in, and plug the original harness into it.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
you CAN use the PAC. the "RADIO" button on your head unit is the same thing as the "SAT" button you're referring to. newer G's call it RADIO older ones the button said SAT. either works.

my 07 i put the PAC in only has a RADIO button...trust me it works.

you've been on my site so probably already seen this, but here is my install:
http://www.myg35mods.com/tutorials/ipod/index.html

notice my "RADIO" button instead of "SAT" - like yours.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:25 PM
also - see those 4 big holes/plugs on the back of your headunit that had wiring harnesses plugged in them? you would of had to unplug these to get your Bose out to take that pic.

those are where both of these plug in - depending on which you decide to purchase. the PAC simply piggy-backs onto 2 of those plugs and the USA spec plugs into the smaller black plug.

both devices have their pros and cons - but either will technically work fine for you. good luck!

Old 02-27-2009, 03:27 AM
Fishhouse, thanks a lot!

Old 03-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Smile HELP installing my Auxiliar AUdio Input Unit to my 06 G35 coupe!

I will pay someone experienced who lives here in San Diego California to help me install an Aux. Audio Input unit to my G35. Just tell me how much!!! CALL or TEXT me @ (619) 403-3433!!

I have a 2006 G35 and ive been planning on installing an Auxiliar input audio unit such as the PAII-NIS or the AAI-NIS2 but first of all i am not sure with which 1 to go with. I was first leaning towards the AAI-NIS2 but after seeing this chart http://www.myg35mods.com/tutorials/aux/index.html ====== I ended up preferring the PAII-NIS being that I have steering wheel controls and it already comes with an ipod cable etc....

Let me know what you think/recommend and when we can meet up to do the installation. THANKS!!

Old 03-08-2009, 08:42 PM
it's such an easy install man. why do you think you want to pay someone? have you seen an install tutorial - what concerns you about the install?

Old 04-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Hello guys, I am the new owner of a 03 Sedan as of two days ago. Setting up an Aux input for my iphone is my first priority with this car. From what I have read a pre-requisite to using one of the PAC devices is a SAT button on the 03 model. My car does not have a SAT button it has the following: CD/TAPE/FM/AM.

Does this mean one of the after market Aux input devices like the PAC will not work on this radio?

Thanks,
Jason

Old 04-12-2009, 09:32 PM
The radio button you ahve will enable your AA1-NIS2 to be able to have up to 2 devices hooked up to your Factory radio - it's exactly what I have. I have an MP3 input that is wired to my center console and i have an XM Receiver also hooked up to the AA1-NIS2. I think the aftermarket XM XpressRC and the color display is so much better than what the original HU Sat display looks like. I have a Zen 8GB MP3 player hooked up and I did end up adding a Boostaroo from Radio Shack (http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2732095) to boost the signal into the HU thru the Aux In connection. The Boosteroo makes a huge difference. You do have to use 2 AA batteries fo the Boosteroo, but I used recyclables in there and it works fine and I don't have to go through tons of batteries. I like the set up and gives me so much flexibility with what I can listen to.

Old 05-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Does the USA Spec kit (PAII-NIS) disable your CD changer? It kida reads like it does. I am leaning toward this one as well since it allows you to control the iphone through the steering wheel controls.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:43 PM
thats what i thought when i bought mine, but the changer still works.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:45 PM
My main concern is sound quality, does anyone know which unit will give me the better sound quality? I have an 06 6mt with the Bose and no navi. when I switch between cd and sat I notice a big difference in quality. CD being better than the XM. I can't decide whether to get the PAC or the usa spec. I also realize that with the usa spec I will lose my xm, but I'm willing to sacrifice and try out Pandora on my Iphone 3g.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:22 PM
couple of thoughts:

1. pandora on an iphone while driving down the road? good luck with that...hope you enjoy the sound of buffering. don't get much out of pandora myself even sitting still at my desk...maybe it'll work better for you.

2. sound quality it going to be the same on both units i'm sure. never seen any specs or comments from anyone discussing a difference.

3. cd vs. xm quality - of course you notice a difference. you prob will for AUX input too. not necessarily because of either unit but because you're listening to mp3s (likely ripped at low kps) vs. full cd quality. again, of course you'll notice a difference. pandora is surely going to be no better then XM, and from my experience using it - likely worse.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the insight, I finally ordered the usa spec.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:27 PM
Has anyone had problems with the USA Spec just not working anymore out of no where?

I did a pretty professional install (if i do say so myself ) and had it working perfectly so I could play music from my iphone AND Garmin GPS.

Was working for 3+ months then today it decided not to recognize the iphone (tho it still charges) and just a garbled mess of noise barely squeaks out when i'm playing from the Garmin.

Any issues with this??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Auxiliary Input Adapter