Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Focal Upotia vs. MBquart vs. Boston Pro (mids)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 11:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Focal Upotia vs. MBquart vs. Boston Pro (mids)

LOC is line out converter...its an device will take an line output convert into a rca type output( i think) since the bose have line level out, so you will need the LOC so you would have rca type out to the amp(s)...thats best i can explain it....not sure about the none bose tho, but i tend to think none bose have line out too.

03 coupe 5AT DG/G premium,performance,
AVIC N1, Volk GT-7

Old 06-26-2004, 05:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hrmm you mention something about imaging in your reply... saying if your speaker appears to have the sounds coming from outside the car then your imaging is correct? I thought this was wrong? I have a phase cd with a track with a female voice talking in phase and out of phase... your speakers are spose to be inphase, when they're in phase the voice sound like its coming from the center of your car, when out of phase they seem to surrounded around your like in your case outside of the car... so which way is the proper way? Shouldnt the voice appear like its coming from the center though?

Old 06-26-2004, 10:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

details, details, details.....ok...i do not know the "proper" way as how should it sounded,...guess i didnt say it correctly, you want your music sounded as spacious as possible, it sounded so big or wide, its like coming from outside of the car. how offten you see a car with center channel speakers for just musics? i guess if you want to reproduce the live performance? and yes the vocal should come from center, but for music or sound from piece of instruments should be as wide as possible....again i can only guess...[img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]

03 coupe 5AT DG/G premium,performance,
AVIC N1, Volk GT-7