Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

BOSE (OEM) not playing some homemade mp3's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've also had this problem. I tried making a few gigantic discs using all 700-800mb and none of them would read. No format problems that I know of. Now I make ones with around 5-6 albums each on it, which all have seemed to work so far. I wish the huge ones would

Old 04-28-2009, 07:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it could be the name of the artist on the info tag for each MP3.

I recall reading in the Infiniti manual that the system reads them in "folders", so it's possible that the folder is unreadable (or maybe the first folder). I believe that you can adjust the setup before burning the CD based upon the order of songs.

the MP3s work fine in my car, but I'm guessing that some songs are not reading b/c I have it set to random play, and there are quite a few songs that I have not heard over the past few months (while others I have heard dozens of times).

Old 04-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jmcohen23
it could be the name of the artist on the info tag for each MP3.

I recall reading in the Infiniti manual that the system reads them in "folders", so it's possible that the folder is unreadable (or maybe the first folder). I believe that you can adjust the setup before burning the CD based upon the order of songs.

the MP3s work fine in my car, but I'm guessing that some songs are not reading b/c I have it set to random play, and there are quite a few songs that I have not heard over the past few months (while others I have heard dozens of times).
Its that or the bitrate. I've had radios that only played specific bitrates.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Metalhead Mike
I've also had this problem. I tried making a few gigantic discs using all 700-800mb and none of them would read. No format problems that I know of. Now I make ones with around 5-6 albums each on it, which all have seemed to work so far. I wish the huge ones would
Maybe this could be part of the problem. All the mp3 disc I make with 30-70 songs work just fine.

But when I make the mega disc with 150+ songs, that's when I get the "disc unreadable" display on the Bose.