Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Audio upgrade opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 10:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audio upgrade opinions

I'm looking to upgrade the factory bose system in my 05 G35. I want to keep the stock HU to keep the factory interior look. I've read the sticky on how to upgrade the systems while keeping the stock HU. Let me know what you think about the following setup.

DLS UP6i components for the front
DLS 6.5in midbass for rear fill
remove stock subwoofers

JL 450/4v2 amp running 150x2 for the front and 75x2 for the rear (I like that the amp runs that load at 4ohms and provides less power to the rear to keep the sound stage up front)

After that is tuned I'm looking at a 10w7 in a ported box with another JL amp.

Some questions
1. what do you think about a line driver near the HU to push better than the >2v preamp feed?
2. Should I be looking at 0 gauge wire from the battery to a distribution block for the amps?
3. Any ideas on how to mount the two amps and ported box so that I can still get access to the spare tire if needed?
4. Should I run midbass drivers in the rear or coaxials? If midbass are the DLS worth it or should I run something else for rear fill?
5. Considering the power output of both amps would I be seriously taxing the stock alternator? Should I through in a cap?

Thanks