Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

ipod touch install fail!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy ipod touch install fail!

tried installing my ipod touch today with the PAC AAI-NIS2 Auxiliary Input Adapter in my 05 6MT coupe and it did not work out so well. After I installed it I tested it to see if it was working before putting it all back together and I couldnt get it to work. The instructions say to turn radio on and go to Sat 1 or 2 and then go to preset 1 or 2. but nothing came on. It just said searching for signal and then call the sattelite #. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? So then I took it out and tried to put the center console back in and thats not fitting in right now so thats pretty cool too. Any help is much appreciated

Old 07-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by Dental_G
tried installing my ipod touch today with the PAC AAI-NIS2 Auxiliary Input Adapter in my 05 6MT coupe and it did not work out so well. After I installed it I tested it to see if it was working before putting it all back together and I couldnt get it to work. The instructions say to turn radio on and go to Sat 1 or 2 and then go to preset 1 or 2. but nothing came on. It just said searching for signal and then call the sattelite #. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? So then I took it out and tried to put the center console back in and thats not fitting in right now so thats pretty cool too. Any help is much appreciated
Is your car inside your garage? Mine can't find a signal if the car is inside my garage with the garage door down, but if I open up the door, it finds a signal, lol. Try testing it outside if so. Also, if I remember correctly, there's a small switch on the PAC unit indicating whether you have SAT or not. Check that as well. You should also hear a small "click" whenever you cycle to SAT 1 or 2, whichever you connected your rca cables to. Good luck!

Old 07-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Thx 4 the input but I am outside and I switched it from sat and no sat yet still nothing. so frustrating since I followed the DIY exactly. Im pretty sure its hooked up correctly, but Im doing something wrong turning it on. I put it to sat 1 and sat 2 and try to change the channels but the channels dont change. is that normal? there is only 000 and 001. and it just keeps saying to call the telephone #.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Did you check the small switch on the PAC unit? And do you hear the click when you switch to the sat modes? I've never seen it say to call a #......

Old 07-12-2009, 02:54 PM
yea i hit the switch and heard it click. it says to call the number because i dont have sirius activated now.