Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP WITH NAVI !!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 01:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP WITH NAVI !!!!!

hi all my first time here and really glad to have found this place!
i need some advice on where to get navigation system for my coupe, i mean any reliable or cheap but good quality place anyone knows of????? it would really mean alot plus i am thinking of changing the look please any advice????
for the navi system anywhere close to philly or in pensylvania!!! or whatever!
something which would resemble the factory one would be nice
thanks ......

the only speed is mine

Old 08-09-2004, 12:37 PM
G35driver.com Moderator
Re: HELP WITH NAVI !!!!!

Factory Navi will cost you $6,000 in parts, we dont know of anyone who's done it.

Aftermarket Navi will cost you between $2,000 and $3,000 Total. You will have to get the jdm double-din dash-kit from Japan for $400 (I included this in the above price). Some aftermarket headunits/navi's people on this forum have installed: Kenwood, Pioneer, Eclipse, Alpine, and even Garmin.

Search the forum, look around, there are many many pics of many many different setups.

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake/AVIC-N1-double-din

Old 08-09-2004, 01:08 PM

thanks RamboRami, so do you suggest i just choose one of those company's for Navi??

the other day i was talking to my dealer he said that an aftermarket one would cost around $1000 but without voice thing, however he did not mention whether it was like the one the factory made

the only speed is mine

Old 08-09-2004, 01:32 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

well, garmin makes several portable units (ALL WITH SOUND), all under $1000 however they are not "integrated" into your sound system.

It seems like you want something that is fully integrated into your dashboard so it looks "like factory made"

For something like that it will cost between $2000 and $3000. Most people seem to like the Eclipse AVN2454:
http://www.eclipse-web.com/products/avn/avn_top.htm

I have the Pioneer AVIC-N1 http://www.avic-n1.com
It is a great unit but there is definitely room for improvement - hopefully in the next dvd-map update in later 2004 or early 2005.

Here are some pictures of what some g35 members have done (scroll down the page for lots of pictures)
https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...&part=all&vc=1

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake/AVIC-N1-double-din

Old 08-09-2004, 02:36 PM
StreetDeck.com Developer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm mass producing a housing that will allow you to put a screen in the cubby as shown above. You will be able to keep the stock head unit with this. This will allow you to put a remote mount NAV system with video output in and should cost you a total of less then $1500 installed if you do it yourself. E-mail me at godofcpu@vt.edu for more information and complete pricing details.

The housings are still in production and right now the earliest estimate I can give to when I'll be shipping them will be the end of this month.

See the following URL for more images https://filebox.vt.edu/users/cholbroo/g35/