Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone want to sell me their SAT wire harness.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 05:32 PM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Anyone want to sell me their SAT wire harness.

I just received my Phatbox on Friday and am unable to install it on my Canadian G35X sedan. Contrary to documentation that 2004 cars are supposed to have the SAT radio harness prewire in the trunk, it looks like the Canadian owners get screwed over, since I have taken the lining out of my trunk and this cable is no where to be found. I have contacted a few online parts stores and it seems like they will only sell it to you if you buy the entire satellite radio kit. I just need the cable, so if anyone is upgrading their Bose head units on their 2004 cars you can make some money and also help a fellow G owner out by selling me the cable.

Old 08-16-2004, 07:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Anyone want to sell me their SAT wire harness.

you know the std cable for the phatbox is made to connect directly to the back of the headunit right?

Maybe you should just get the std phatbox cable and hook it up that way.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, limo tint, Phatbox 40g mp3 player

Old 08-16-2004, 10:52 PM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Just to clarify what do I ask for when I write customer service at phatnoise? Standard cable to hook to the back of the Bose unit instead of the SAT cable harness? Does the standard cable still allow for controls via the steering wheel buttons? Any idea how much this cable costs?

Thanks in advanced.

Old 08-17-2004, 10:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, you need the standard one from them that connects to the back of the headunit, not the prewire in the trunk. I'm pretty sure it works just the same, with steering wheel controls.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, limo tint, Phatbox 40g mp3 player