Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Are Canadian Sedans Pre-Wired for Satellite?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2004 | 10:24 AM
|
Are Canadian Sedans Pre-Wired for Satellite?

Does anyone know if the Sedans delivered to Canada are pre-wired for satellite? I can't find the N-Bus harness.

Old 08-22-2004 | 02:18 PM
Re: Are Canadian Sedans Pre-Wired for Satellite?

Interesting, yours is the second post like this in a couple of weeks. Someone else in Canada was having the same problem. But there are other Canadian's with cars that are pre-wired.

Where are you looking for the harness? In the coupe, it is near the Bose amplifier - I had to trace the wiring towards the front of the car to find it. On the sedan, it is supposed to be on the passenger side near the passenger compartment. Do you have the installation instructions?

2004.5 DG/G 5AT Coupe with all options
Sidemarker turnsignal mod
GroundingGear™
2003 Yamaha YZF600R

Old 08-22-2004 | 02:32 PM
|

I did find the install instructions on the Grubbs site. It said the harness should be on the back of right rear passenger seat (in the trunk). I wasn't there. My G35 is a '04 and all the other instructions I have found seem to be for the '03. The trunk floor is a little different. The only places I have not looked is the left side of the trunk and under the back seat deck. I was hoping to avoid too much tearing things apart.

Thanks for the help though.

Old 08-22-2004 | 04:33 PM

I posted the same question about 2 weeks ago, don't know about you but my Canadian G35X does not have the SAT harness.

Old 08-22-2004 | 06:26 PM

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that satelite radio service is not sold in Canada?

Both XM and Sirius say they do not service Canada, but Sirius says it is taking steps to become a licensed broadcaster throughout Canada.

Maybe Infiniti decided to cut costs and exclude parts that are (in their eyes) unnecessary.

2004.5 DG/G 5AT Coupe with all options
Sidemarker turnsignal mod
GroundingGear™
2003 Yamaha YZF600R

Old 08-22-2004 | 10:18 PM

I've also looked in my Canadian 04 sedan, with no luck. So I decided that I will go with the new Kenwood ddx7015 and the Kenwood satellite radio tuner. Now I just got to wait for a double din dash kit and ac controller to become available.

Old 08-26-2004 | 01:49 AM

Even though my car is prewired, I just ran a new pre-wire cable (including the CD changer pins) in hopes of getting my Phatbox and Sirius tuner working together. It's not all that difficult to run the harness if you need to. I would say it's easier to run the harness than it is to try and deal with mounting an aftermarket system. Follow the steps posted in the double-DIN how to to get behind the radio. The pics make it easy. You'll be amazed how few screws it takes to get the entire thing apart! The biggest pain is prying out the thin strip above the radio and popping off the clock trim.

Old 08-26-2004 | 09:38 AM

Just curious where did you get this new pre-wire cable, what is the part number is and how much? Because my Canadian car did not come with the pre-wire, Phatnoise suggested I order a CD changer cable (from what seems to be a mom & pop shop), part number CDL-NS which looks to be a generic Nissian CD changer wire harness. Still haven't received the cable even having ordering it last week with 2nd day delivery arg.. I am dying to hookup my phatbox which has basically been sitting around collecting dust for the last week.

Old 08-26-2004 | 04:34 PM

Which mom & pop shop? There's a couple choices that I found for the USA-SPEC cables. I tried to order from the first and never received the part, either.

<a href="http://www.premieraudio.com/usaweb.html">http://www.premieraudio.com/usaweb.html</a>
<a href="http://www.adelcom.net/USA-SPEC-Cables-Page.htm">http://www.adelcom.net/USA-SPEC-Cables-Page.htm</a>

If you can get them to ship you them, you'll save yourself a lot of money. I paid a fortune for mine ...

<a href="http://infinitipa.zoovy.com/product/B8377-5Y700">http://infinitipa.zoovy.com/product/B8377-5Y700</a>

Note that the USA spec CD changer cables would work fine for a SAT tuner. The wiring is exactly the same. The different harness adds some extra pins which are required to have two devices connected together.

Old 08-26-2004 | 05:04 PM

Yeah it was from premier audio which was recommended by Phatnoise. I called them today, they now said they had to ship it regular mail instead of 2nd day and there is no tracking info... arg.

Old 09-02-2004 | 09:30 AM

I have a Canadian 2004 Coupe and it does have the prewire. Sirius works perfectly.

One question though, there's a pass-thru type of plug on the Sirius tuner. Can that be used for a CD-Changer or Phatbox?

Old 09-02-2004 | 10:51 AM

You have the prewire? Damn it, can any Canadian sedan owners confirm they have the prewire? I have been waiting a few weeks for a cable and is still not here.