Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Power Wire Connection to Battery Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Wire Connection to Battery Question

Question for all of the experts out there - I am finally going hook everything up tomorrow (amp and sub) in my Coupe - already have a 4 guage power wire run, but obviously waiting to hook it up to the battery last. As you all know, there are several stock connections to the + side of the battery. I've really never seen anything like it on any previous car that I've owned. There is a direct connection to the battery terminal and then three more connector bolts, one of which is just a bolt with no nut or wires connected to it. Here's my question -does it matter where I connect my 4 guage power wire? Can I connect it to any of the batter connector bolts? It would be perfect to use the bolt with no nut or wires connected to it, but don't know if that has no wires connected to if for a reason. Help!! I want to finally get everything hooked up in the morning!!

Thanks in advance!

Old 08-28-2004, 12:04 AM
Re: Power Wire Connection to Battery Question

I used the terminal you're referring to. It just seems to beg to have an amp wire connected to it, doesn't it?? The Stinger wire kit I bought had a loop end that just fit absolutely perfectly onto that spot. Ran to home depot with the other terminal's bolt to match it (remember, it's metric!), everything's been fine for months.

Old 05-30-2005, 03:10 PM
For reference's sake, I measured the hex nut on the used connection (the one with the nut on it) to be 12mm. Guess-timating, the outer diameter of the thread appears to be 7mm, and the inner diameter looks like 6mm. I don't know how to measure the thread properly, and I don't have a bunch of random hex nuts lying around either. I'm heading to home depot today to buy an assortment of these nuts, and I'll post again which one fits... and yes, I do feel wierd typing 'nuts' so many times...

Old 05-31-2005, 01:14 AM
found it

Hopefully someone will find this useful. The size of the hex nut is M8-1.25. I got it at lowes from a set of drawers in the hardware section. I think it's awesome that our cars have this little extra connector. It's like an aftermarket battery terminal - only better 'cuz it's stock.